Main Menu

Looking for a 727 transmission rear tail housing

Started by gaddied, January 05, 2018, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gaddied

Looking for a 1970 727 transmission rear tail housing in excellent condition. This is to fit a 1970 Cuda with 727 . This one is the one without the bolt mounting holes at rear by the rear seal. I see a lot on ebay but they are for a different model of car they have the bolt mounting holes by the rear.
If anyone has or knows of one for sale  , please contact me here.
Thanks!

1 Wild R/T

fc7cuda

That one on Ebay posted above looks nice, good price too.  I have one off a parts trans I can post pics of later, but it's not been cleaned.

Where are you located?

gaddied

That one on ebay has the rear mounting holes . The one  that's on the Cuda does not the rear mounting holes. Looking for the same one on the Cuda.

gaddied

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 05, 2018, 02:12:13 PM
That one on Ebay posted above looks nice, good price too.  I have one off a parts trans I can post pics of later, but it's not been cleaned.

Where are you located?
Can you post some photos ? I live in Minnesota.

fc7cuda

Quote from: gaddied on January 05, 2018, 03:33:09 PM
That one on ebay has the rear mounting holes . The one  that's on the Cuda does not the rear mounting holes. Looking for the same one on the Cuda.

yes, I see what you're referring to.  Mine does not have that because it's from an earlier trans, I'll get to it and post pics in the morning.  :takepicture:

fc7cuda

Preliminary pics, not cleaned but appears to be what you're looking for.

gaddied

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 06, 2018, 05:47:48 PM
Preliminary pics, not cleaned but appears to be what you're looking for.
That looks like the one . How are the mounting bolt holes ?

fc7cuda

I'll clean it up tomorrow and check the threads. 👍

gaddied

gaddied

Still looking the one in the thread photos was damaged , found after clean up .
So if anyone has one please let me know .