Main Menu

1970 Parking brake pedal assembly wanted

Started by Brads70, May 14, 2017, 06:29:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Looking for another parking brake pedal assembly. Mine is giving me issues so I'd rather have another to refinish before I rip mine out.  1970 Challenger if it makes a difference?
Thanks! Brad

anlauto

Yes.....like many other things, 1970 is a one year only parking brake. However 1971-74 will fit and function the same and is a better design :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on May 14, 2017, 06:33:19 PM
Yes.....like many other things, 1970 is a one year only parking brake. However 1971-74 will fir and function the same and is a better design :alan2cents:

Thanks Alan!  :wave:

Cuda Cody

Does anyone have a photo of the differences between 1970 and 1971 and up?

ToxicWolf

I took it out of my 70 challenger and put in an e-brake.  Good chance I lost it, but if I find it, I'll let you know.   :thinking:

ToxicWolf

Found it.  Just message me your mailing address if you want it and I'll send it to you.  :wave:

anlauto

Confirm, that is an original correct 70 only piece and looks to be in nice shape  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ToxicWolf

Quote from: anlauto on May 16, 2017, 09:48:30 AM
Confirm, that is an original correct 70 only piece and looks to be in nice shape  :alan2cents:

Thank you, Alan.  I wasn't sure I found the right one.  :banana:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 14, 2017, 06:39:00 PM
Does anyone have a photo of the differences between 1970 and 1971 and up?
The first thing I look at is how the cable mounts. 70 uses a clamp to hold the cable and 71 up the cable snaps into a fixed hole in the pedal bracket. There are other differences but that's the one I look at. This is my 71 assembly. Doesn't really show that area good. But you can tell the differences when compared to the other pic in the thread.

Brads70

Quote from: ToxicWolf on May 16, 2017, 09:30:51 AM
Found it.  Just message me your mailing address if you want it and I'll send it to you.  :wave:

PM sent THANKS!!!  :bradsthumb:

Brads70

BIG Thank you goes out to Jim (Toxicwolf) , it arrived yesterday, looks to be much tighter and in better shape than mine!
Thanks a million Jim!

anlauto

That's awesome...members helping members  :worship: