Main Menu

need corner of a door

Started by RacerX, February 04, 2021, 12:21:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RacerX

OK I know somebody must have a roached e-body passenger door that still has a good
lower front corner...    :thinking:

This is '71 cuda.   Challenger may be the same in that area, not 100% sure.   

Fabricating that section with all those curves is a bit more complicated than I want to
mess with.

My door is nice otherwise, just need that portion...   anyone got one they can cut out?

:help:

Rich G.

Good luck trying to find that That's the first thing that rots out on a door. You're better off trying to make it.

RacerX

Quote from: Rich G. on February 04, 2021, 12:48:24 PM
Good luck trying to find that That's the first thing that rots out on a door. You're better off trying to make it.

Yea figure it is a longshot but have to try...

7E-Bodies

You'd think somebody here would have a damaged door laying around. If I had one, I'd gladly cut that corner and send it to you. However, I've patched tougher areas. The hardest part is always committing to it and just getting started. From there, it's all tweaking and forming. Don't be afraid to give it a try if no one comes forward. My comment here should kick this back to the top. I hope someone has something.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

gzig5

I've got an extra complete passenger side door, but I won't know until spring if I need it or not.  I want to use the original door that was on the car, but it came with an extra set for both sides.  I'm currently in the stalled process of replacing the full quarters, tail, and roof.  Not getting much of anything done until warmer weather comes around.  I don't know if you can wait that long, but it is what it is.

RacerX

Quote from: gzig5 on February 05, 2021, 07:21:22 AM
I've got an extra complete passenger side door, but I won't know until spring if I need it or not.  I want to use the original door that was on the car, but it came with an extra set for both sides.  I'm currently in the stalled process of replacing the full quarters, tail, and roof.  Not getting much of anything done until warmer weather comes around.  I don't know if you can wait that long, but it is what it is.

The wait would be OK if it was for sure...   but with you not knowing if you need it until then,
that makes it a little harder.

We have the opposite problem here in Texas...  trying to get as much done as possible before
it becomes 400 degrees again    :o

RacerX

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on February 04, 2021, 06:12:03 PM
You'd think somebody here would have a damaged door laying around. If I had one, I'd gladly cut that corner and send it to you. However, I've patched tougher areas. The hardest part is always committing to it and just getting started. From there, it's all tweaking and forming. Don't be afraid to give it a try if no one comes forward. My comment here should kick this back to the top. I hope someone has something.

I have a 73 Satellite door that I am eyeing with malicious intent...   the curves in that area
seem close...    at least enough that it may be easier to alter that versus fabricating the entire
corner from scratch.

Would still be best to weld in that chunk of an E-body door though...

71Demonsizzler

Quote from: RacerX on February 04, 2021, 12:21:09 PM

OK I know somebody must have a roached e-body passenger door that still has a good

Fabricating that section with all those curves is a bit more complicated than I want to
mess with.

My door is nice otherwise, just need that portion...   anyone got one they can cut out?

I have a killed door that has a good corner on it if you are still looking for one

RacerX

Quote from: 71Demonsizzler on February 24, 2021, 12:30:48 AM
Quote from: RacerX on February 04, 2021, 12:21:09 PM

mess with.

I have a killed door that has a good corner on it if you are still looking for one

Yes still looking!     

7E-Bodies

Excellent job @71Demonsizzler ! I've been hoping someone would come through for him. This is why I love this group.

71Demonsizzler

I will grab some pictures of it here soon and send them to you I have had this door for a while now wondering what to do with it

7E-Bodies

Post them here please. I love watching this work out. I'd love to see photos of the work in progress as well.

RacerX

Quote from: 71Demonsizzler on February 24, 2021, 09:22:25 AM
I will grab some pictures of it here soon and send them to you I have had this door for a while now wondering what to do with it

Sounds good.

Really appreciate the help!     :cheers:

RacerX

Still on the hunt for a door corner, or a donor door that isn't far travel to pick up...

@gzig5  @71Demonsizzler     any news on the ones you had mentioned?

Thanks!