Main Menu

one F70-14 bias ply needed for my spare tire

Started by njsteve, February 13, 2021, 05:00:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

Anyone have a decent F70x14 bias ply lying round?

It will serve as the spare in my trunk with the blackwall side up. Looking for something vintage. (If it holds air, that would be a nice bonus too!).

Ideally I am looking for a Polyglas F70-14 but I'm not that choosey if it looks decent with actual tread. I'm never going to use it for road use, just to make the trunk look pretty on my 70 Cuda.

Thanks!

Hood

I still have my factory issued spare tire from October 1972. I keep it in the basement.  It was used one time in 1973. It still has the rubber nubs on the tread. Sorry for telling my story but I'm keeping mine. And yes it holds air. I hope you will be able to find one.
Original owner with 100% documentation.
Ordered my Cuda on September 29th 1972

Rich G.

I was in the same boat and just had to give in and buy a new one. But at least if I get a flat I could put it on. But how do I jack it up because I'm sure not using the bumper jack!

RUNCHARGER

I always wrapped up a bottle jack in a towel and let it sit in the spare wheel. Don't want to not be able to change a tire 50 miles from nowhere.
Sheldon

pbajeff

I also have the original spare in my 70 Cuda that has never been on the ground.
Cant imagine there are that many of those around.

njsteve

I lucked out. A fellow member over at the yenko.net site gave me an old F70x14 redline he had in his attic. The backwall side of it was perfect and has around 90% tread still, even has some original paint daubs on it. When mounted up it looks just fine to me. Here's everything all installed now.