Main Menu

Right Rear Window Regulator for Convertible - GOT ONE

Started by erik70rt, March 11, 2024, 12:38:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

WANTED:  Right rear window regulator for 1970 Challenger convertible.  If I can't find one for a convertible, I'll consider one from a hard top.

PM me here with price and condition.  No junk! 

Thanks!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

toadstool

FYI, Cuda's regulators are different from Challengers based on the drive gear portion that the handle attaches to. I converted a challenger over to a cuda since my cuda handle drive gear was fine.
70 Cuda Convertible

plymth70

I have a few, Can you tell me the difference between conv and hard top

erik70rt

This is my other post about them.  Looks like hardtop should work just fine compared to the damaged one I pulled out of my car.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/question-on-rear-window-regulators/30176/

toadstool

Differences...

https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/question-on-rear-window-regulators/30176/msg326767#msg326767

Eric, you might show a picture of the current one that you have and what is wrong with it. Maybe something can be cobbled up to make it work
70 Cuda Convertible

Xghobo

Quote from: toadstool on March 14, 2024, 10:23:34 AMDifferences...

https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/question-on-rear-window-regulators/30176/msg326767#msg326767

Eric, you might show a picture of the current one that you have and what is wrong with it. Maybe something can be cobbled up to make it work

If it's the regulator teeth worn it's an easy fix go weld them and grind them down I actually have a Vert reg that I did that to

erik70rt

Quote from: Xghobo on March 14, 2024, 05:34:42 PM

If it's the regulator teeth worn it's an easy fix go weld them and grind them down I actually have a Vert reg that I d

Quote from: Xghobo on March 14, 2024, 05:34:42 PM

If it's the regulator teeth worn it's an easy fix go weld them and grind them down I actually have a Vert reg that I did that to
]id that to

That's exactly it.  The teeth are so worn at one end they don't engage the crank handle

larry4406

The parts manual shows that manual regulators for the quarter windows are the same part number hardtop and convertible so they should interchange.  For Challenger the part number is 2999382-3 while Cuda uses a different part number 2999380-1. Thus, Cuda and Challenger use different quarter window manual regulators.

For power windows, the parts manual shows that the quarter windows use different part numbers hardtop vs convertible.  Hardtops use 3454108-9 while convertibles use 3508210-11.  Interesting to note that Cuda and Challenger use the same power quarter window regulators.

erik70rt

Quote from: plymth70 on March 14, 2024, 07:29:49 AMI have a few, Can you tell me the difference between conv and hard top

What are you asking for one?

Cuda_mark

I wonder what the purpose of the convertible being different is. Seems like they could have just used common parts.

larry4406

Quote from: Cuda_mark on March 18, 2024, 07:31:09 AMI wonder what the purpose of the convertible being different is. Seems like they could have just used common parts.
Quote from: Cuda_mark on March 18, 2024, 07:31:09 AMI wonder what the purpose of the convertible being different is. Seems like they could have just used common parts.

Read Post 7.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: larry4406 on March 18, 2024, 08:28:27 AM

Read Post 7.

That post just highlights the different options. I'm just wondering why there even needed to be different options to begin with.

erik70rt

Mr Cuda

I'm a little surprised that you haven't gotten one yet.
Nobody has one? Or is condition the problem?
I have one from the challenger body shell "skeleton" that I sold on here.
It is slightly weathered but a quick hit with lube shows it to work and be tight. The plastic slide is chalky.
Its mate was pulled and used, and is good. Maybe a trip through evaporust?

erik70rt

Quote from: Mr Cuda on March 25, 2024, 10:07:55 AMI'm a little surprised that you haven't gotten one yet.
Nobody has one? Or is condition the problem?
I have one from the challenger body shell "skeleton" that I sold on here.
It is slightly weathered but a quick hit with lube shows it to work and be tight. The plastic slide is chalky.
Its mate was pulled and used, and is good. Maybe a trip through evaporust?

PM Sent!