Main Menu

Looking for Dana 60 plastic plug

Started by 750-h2, June 22, 2017, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Im looking for the green plastic cap/plug that is pushed into the back of the housing of an E body Dana. Anyone have one for sale or know where I could get one.   Thanks!

Cuda Cody

If you find a stash on them I could use 4 of them.  I'll get in line behind you and hope someone finds a bunch.   :fingerscrossed:

Convertcuda

I would be interested also. I think I have 3 used ones.

Ken

anlauto

Doesn't Roger Gibson / Frank Badleson sell them ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Last time I checked they only had the red ones. :crying:

B5Cuda440-6

The plastic plug was installed in the Dana housing before it was painted, so if you buy a red plug, it will be covered with black paint anyway. The only issue will be if the paint chips off over time, then you'll see the red plug underneath.

70vcodecuda

Yup, That's what I did, got the red plug from frank and painted the whole thing black :twothumbsup:

750-h2

While were talking Dana's does anyone know if the factory used a grease pencil or actual paint to mark the X on the  dif cover? I always believed it was a grease pencil but lately I have seen many nicely restored cars with a painted X? :thinking:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Al, I agree with you on that one but I have been wrong many times before.