Main Menu

Side marker bulb socket and wiring for 73 Cuda

Started by gzig5, October 03, 2018, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

For reasons unbeknownst to me, the passenger front side marker is without a bulb/wire assembly.  The wires are cut shortly after they come out of the harness.  Not ready to splurge for an entire harness so looking for something I could splice in.  Saw some similar new ones on the net but can't tell if they fit and the descriptions were spotty.  Just want something that will work for a reasonable (cheap) price. 

jimynick

If someone doesn't chime in here with a spare, I believe I saw the pigtail for sale in an auto parts store on one of those racks where they have a bit of everything. If I had a spare, I'd just send it to you, but no such luck. sorry.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

gzig5

Actually, after I posted I went to RockAuto to look for a couple things and they had two pigtails listed for less than $2 that looked like they would work.  Snagged one just in case but wouldn't mind paying a couple bux for a real one.  Will probably replace the whole harness in the future so I don't want to sink too much into it.

RA's shipping (prices) stink, but the way they layout the parts for a particular model is pretty helpful and very easy to navigate.

RUNCHARGER

I think you can find those in newer Dodge pickups and Vans as well. Like 80's style.
Sheldon

gzig5

For the record, Standard Motor Products part number S100 Socket / pigtail assembly fits the reflector body pretty nicely and works as it should.  Wires are brown and black but that is a small price to pay for a new assembly for under $2.  With that and a new set of headlights I think I've got all the exterior lights working!  Small victories carry me forward. :bigthumb: