Main Menu

Wanted 15 inch Steel Rims

Started by Moparkin, April 13, 2021, 06:49:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Moparkin

Hello Everyone, It has  been a while since my last post. I guess that is a good indicator on my lack of progress on my 70 Challenger. I am searching for two 15 inch front steel rims. I up graded my K-member to include disc brakes. Now my 14 inch rims no longer fit. I am just looking for some old rusted rims which will allow me to push the car around in the garage. This is only temporary. Houston, Texas
Thanks, Mark

6bblgt

are those stock rotors?  is the hub the problem or the rotor diameter?

:stop:  your calipers are up-side-down (swapped side to side) & the sway bar goes thru the K-frame on the bottom and hangs from the control arms :takealook:

anlauto

Yea, when you mount a caliper, the bleeder screw needs to be at the top always to get the air properly bleed out of the system....you just need to swap them left to right and you'll be golden.... :twothumbsup:

Sway bar, I'm not even sure how you got it to fit that way, but as Dan has pointed out, it goes through the K Frame and the links go up from the bottom.

Further more, a stock 14" should fit over those brakes without any issue.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

seeing the minivan? wheel there -  :thinking: - it might be a hub diameter issue, not a 14" VS. 15" problem (FoMoCo wheels also have a smaller hub)

Moparkin

Thanks everyone for your much needed help. I think I am getting closer? I recently visited an auto salvage yard ( my wife and I had a blast) to pick up some old rims. I found a couple of rusty 15 x 4.5 x 7 rims. Took them home cleaned and painted them only to find out they did not fit. The rim was hitting the upper control arms. I have a lot to learn about tires before I do that again. Please review my photos and feel free to comment. Thanks!

Moparkin

Working on the ground photo! Please excuse the shirtless fat boy photo.

Moparkin

now photo

Moparkin

another photo

Moparkin

Thanks to you guys my 14 inch rims now fit. Thanks!