Main Menu

Wanted - 4 speed console top plate

Started by Mr Lee, January 30, 2020, 08:55:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Lee

4 Speed console top plate wanted in good condition.  Not worried too much about the wood grain as that can be replaced but hoping to find one that has good metal. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

6bblgt

@Mr Lee  I have a '70 4-speed top plate (4 screw holes) needs new wood grain, $300

post or PM your email & I can send you additional pics

anlauto

Looks like a nice piece and a good price compared to the reproductions out there :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

I had a 71 style 4sp console with top plate at Carlisle for $350 and not even a offer. Some years parts are popular and other years not.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

The reproductions are now down under $200. Here's one at $193.... There is still slight fitment issues and the wrong woodgrain, but I guess it depends on your budget  :dunno: I would prefer an original one, but they're getting harder to find with nice chrome. :alan2cents:
https://pgclassic.com/208-mopar-b-e-body-woodgrain-4-speed-console-plate/
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

Quote from: anlauto on February 06, 2020, 02:39:36 PM
The reproductions are now down under $200. Here's one at $193.... There is still slight fitment issues and the wrong woodgrain, but I guess it depends on your budget  :dunno: I would prefer an original one, but they're getting harder to find with nice chrome. :alan2cents:
https://pgclassic.com/208-mopar-b-e-body-woodgrain-4-speed-console-plate/

Agreed.  I would rather have an original one too.  Thanks for the input.  Will be making arrangements to purchase the one listed above.   :bigthumb:
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.