Main Menu

Wanted - 'Cuda RH Trunk Hinge/Pivot

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, January 06, 2018, 06:48:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Looking for a RH/passenger's side trunk hinge/pivot. Pivot must be in good condition and not wallowed out.

Please provide a price with shipping to 76227

goodysgotacuda@Yahoo.com

Thanks-
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda Cody

As a last resort you might consider welding up the old hole and then re-drill it.   :notsure:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 08, 2018, 10:59:03 PM
As a last resort you might consider welding up the old hole and then re-drill it.   :notsure:

Hoping I can find a good set. But I have considered welding a washer in the area as well to provide a new pivot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

71GranCoupe

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on January 09, 2018, 09:23:59 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 08, 2018, 10:59:03 PM

Hoping I can find a good set. But I have considered welding a washer in the area as well to provide a new pivot.

If I was back in Spokane I could help you out as I have about 3 extra sets, but will not return of a couple months, so no help, sorry.   :sorry:

fc7cuda

There's a pair listed for sale cheap on Moparts, but hard to tell hole condition.

Good luck.  :bigthumb:

GoodysGotaCuda

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

fc7cuda

Did you check with Charles J? He had the back half of a Cuda last time I was out there.

B5fourspeed

My car is apart and I will check my hinges to make sure they are not out of round.If they look good I have an extra set.I will be going to work on my car tomorrow.The spare set looks good that I have here.Do you want one or both?I could  blast them if you would like.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: fc7cuda on March 03, 2018, 07:30:50 AM
Did you check with Charles J? He had the back half of a Cuda last time I was out there.

I did, he sold those parts. Thanks!

Quote from: B5fourspeed on March 03, 2018, 01:47:49 PM
My car is apart and I will check my hinges to make sure they are not out of round.If they look good I have an extra set.I will be going to work on my car tomorrow.The spare set looks good that I have here.Do you want one or both?I could  blast them if you would like.

I would probably take the pair, if they were both good. My RH side is quite bad, however. Blasting would be great!

If they look good, please let me know a price. Thanks-
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

B5fourspeed

The hinges that I used for the  trunk lid mockup were out of round.I would of never known to look them over if I didn't see the picture of yours.The right was worse then the left.The left has very little play.If you want one of them I will give you 1 or both for free.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: B5fourspeed on March 04, 2018, 05:49:46 PM
The hinges that I used for the  trunk lid mockup were out of round.I would of never known to look them over if I didn't see the picture of yours.The right was worse then the left.The left has very little play.If you want one of them I will give you 1 or both for free.

Thanks for the offer. Could you post a picture of the hole? If I can find center I can try to size them for a bushing prior to install. Thanks!

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

moparcar

This is a pretty common problem. I had the same and for now did the weld on the washer trick, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be that hard to machine either a steel or bronze bushing, drill the hole oversize and either weld or press fit the bushing into the hole? I may do this eventually.

B5fourspeed

With the hinges laying flat with the edges up the center of the hole is 3/4 inch in and 3/4 inch from the side.

440WB

have you found the trunk hinge pivots?
I have a pair -

email is best for me -