Main Menu

FOUND steel wheel no. 2944236

Started by Skdmark, January 05, 2021, 02:02:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

Looking for a 2944236 14x5.5 steel wheel for the spare tire in my '71 Challenger R/T.
Would prefer date code from late Dec 70 through early Apr 71.

FOUND a wheel.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

Skdmark

-Harlan Ellison

Skdmark

-Harlan Ellison

Skdmark

-Harlan Ellison

73_Cuda_4_Me

I have a 2944252 rallye style rim with "10" and "24" on each side of the valve hole...???
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Skdmark

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on October 09, 2021, 10:14:22 AM
I have a 2944252 rallye style rim with "10" and "24" on each side of the valve hole...???

That would be an Oct 24 date.
-Harlan Ellison

198D13

A 2944 236 rim is a 14x5.0 rim, not a 14x5.5. I have several with that part number stamped into them, just above the valve stem. Did you find a real 14x5.5 rim, or one with the part number as in your subject header?

Skdmark

I picked up a 14x5.5 steel wheel without the part number.

The 2944236 is in several references (ICCA judging, Galen red  book etc.) as being a 14x5.5 steel wheel used as a spare in 71 e-bodes with 14 inch rallye and road wheels. I also have come across several different threads on FBBO and moparts discussing it and have seen that part number referenced there too. That's what I was basing my search off of as my original was missing.

:notsure:

Are you looking to sell one of your 2944236?
If you have one in the date range Dec 70 to Apr 71 I would be interested pending condition / price.

-Harlan Ellison

198D13

198D13

198D13

198D13

So, obviously what you found was NOT a 2944 236 rim, as it is only a five inch rim.

Skdmark

Here is the 14.5.5 rim I did pick up from another member here. There is no part number marked on it so this particular rim's part number is a bit of a mystery.

@198D13  Thanks for the clarification on the 2944236 being 14x5
-Harlan Ellison

198D13

No mystery at all actually. That is a Kelsey Hayes rim. They DO NOT have part numbers stamped above the valve stem. Only Motor Wheel rims have the part number above the valve stem hole. The one I posted pictures of above, is a Motor Wheel rim.