Main Menu

WTB: 1970 Fender Mount Turn Signals

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, August 02, 2022, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Looking for a nice set of original used fender mount turn signals for a 1970 Cuda.  Thanks all
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

70_440-6Cuda

bumping this one if anyone has a lead on fender mount turn signals for a '70 'Cuda - thanks
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

CudaJim

@70_440-6Cuda

You said original.

I assume you are aware of the reproductions from http://www.krusinmoons.com ?

I may have a good, original matched pair of the outer TS housings for 1970 only, with internal part numbers, etc., (I need to look to verify), but I don't think I have enough good spare internals/sockets/lenses/leads etc.. for a complete set.  If you could use the housings and might consider using repro internals, send me a PM.

FYI, Not sure where you are, but I prefer to ship inside the US only.

Jim

70_440-6Cuda

Jay Bee

Quote from: CudaJim on September 07, 2022, 10:18:15 AM
...use the housings and might consider using repro internals,
That's what I did, got a complete kit from PG Classics
https://pgclassic.com/products/252-70lkit?_pos=49&_sid=555f72d51&_ss=r

anlauto

I've used several sets from PG Classics, why mess with 52 year old cruddy junk... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

Agreed there is a point of diminishing returns - the way I have looked at the parts I have been buying is condition and cost of OEM vs. Cost and consensus of quality (from here) on aftermarket.  Part of the fun is finding those elusive parts if the price is not out of line, and part of it is the fun of restoring them.

198D13

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on September 08, 2022, 08:39:49 AM
Agreed there is a point of diminishing returns - the way I have looked at the parts I have been buying is condition and cost of OEM vs. Cost and consensus of quality (from here) on aftermarket.  Part of the fun is finding those elusive parts if the price is not out of line, and part of it is the fun of restoring them.

Well, as far as "quality of reproduction" goes, the lenses that Krusin' Moons makes are VASTLY superior to the usual JUNK that comes out of PG Classic. Nothing that is in the kit made by PG Classic is even close to what the original parts are like.

CudaJim

Here's a photo comparison of original parts (below pencil) and krusin moon reproduction parts I bought years ago (above pencil).  The outer housings to left are all original parts.  There were some differences with the reproductions but I'm not complaining- the original wiring, sockets, etc. are pretty much exposed to road salt, rocks, undercoating, corrosion, etc. under the fender, and are not usually in good condition.  The differences I noted were black vs yellow/white ring gasket, lack of crimping in the metal bracket (with two holes...), wrong looking screw, and krusin moons lenses were slightly more yellow than the orange original lens on the bottom of the 2nd pic, but overall I was happy.  Krusin moons may have made changes since I purchased parts, so I can't speak for their latest products.  I also didn't buy their hooded housings so I can't speak to them but I believe they are good, and I can't  speak to PG products.  Jim

CudaJim

Oh yeah, there is a mismatch in the washer size (again, original is below pencil):

CudaJim

Again - original parts on bottom, repros on top in pics above