Main Menu

Underhood AC parts

Started by Shoooter, February 29, 2020, 12:42:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I'm looking for all the parts that go under the hood of a cuda 340. I have everything inside the car. Would prefer in Canada or north west of the states as shipping wouldnt be cheap.

In the mean time what would someone use to plug the holes coming through the firewall?

anlauto

Somebody might have a complete set for you which would make things a lot easier, but if you're in a bind....I have one high pressure hose that goes from the compressor to the condenser, I have the compressor with small block brackets and I have the condenser.

Both the condenser and compressor are not worth shipping. You'll 100% want to get both of these brand new if you want a functioning system.  :alan2cents:

I know it sounds pricey, but I would ship the one hose, and compressor brackets  to you for $150.00 CDN......my advice....don't rush, try and find somebody with the whole system. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

I'm not in a rush. I would prefer to get a complete system. Who sells the compressor?  I know this stuff isnt cheap. In the mean time is there caps I could block off the lines coming through the firewall? Anyone know the correct thread and size?

anlauto

You can get a remanufactured compressor just about anywhere, NAPA, CDN Tire even, but you'll need the mounting brackets and will have to buy the clutch/pick up coil separate. For the condenser, I was buying them out of the States.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rich G.

If you're going with the factory setup . Classic Air sells everything new except the 2 hoses that go on the compressor. I don't believe anyone make them. I bought 2 used ones and classic restored them. I'm now missing one arm and a leg!

Shoooter

Yes I'm going for the factory set up

Fastmark

I've got pictures on my computer of the ones I pulled off of a 70 Challenger 383. I can post them later. The small block ones are slightly different. I have some of those as well. I'll have to dig those out and take a picture. The top one you have posted, Dan, has been worked on. Someone has put new rubber on it. It may work but it's not oem. Mine are oem with part no still on them. Good lines are not cheap.

anlauto

Top two are completely wrong, bottom one might be correct. You should be able to find a part number on the bottom one :alan2cents:

headejm

@6bblgt  Would photos of correct AC lines for a 383 R/T SE help you? If so, I'll dig my lines out of my parts stash and photograph for you.  :cheers:

anlauto

383 and 440 brackets are not the same due to the deck height, and I found differences in the hoses as well, not sure if that was a 70 vs 71 thing or E Body vs other platforms  :thinking:.

Shoooter

Hmm ok but can we make a thread somewhere ? I dont want my post of looking for a setup to get lost in all this as I still need to find everything

Fastmark

I can post them but not in the next day or two. I have to go help my daughter out for a few days with my new grand baby. It a tough job! 😉. I've got all the pictures from a 70 383 e body with part no. I've got a set of 73 ebody small block and some other 70 ebody small blocks. The B.B. are different but the small blocks are pretty close to them.