Main Menu

WTB AAR cuda hood

Started by silver70, June 19, 2017, 12:41:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

silver70

Need an  AAR cuda hood, original or aftermarket, bolt or pin on... was going to put an order in on 1, but figured I'd see if anyone had one for sale first to avoid a 2 month wait.  pm me  Thanks

AAR#2

Without trying . . . at all, I've had this one sold twice for $650, and twice shipping costs have killed the deal.

Pics on the left are of my original, ones on the right are of the reproduction.
Being critical, the reproduction doesn't carry the return flange you see in the 2nd photo
While hard to tell, the underside of the hood is smoother on the chop areas than the original.
And also difficult to tell, there is a small hole (guessing 3/8 dia) at the FWD (top in the photo) under hood support. (Seen in the final photo)

My option was to repair my original or add the small return flanges and fill the hole to be more like the original, so I fixed mine.

I think my best bet is to sell local or at least in the SW US but thought on a whim, I'd share what I have

xx88man

Quote from: AAR#2 on July 11, 2017, 03:09:38 PM
Without trying . . . at all, I've had this one sold twice for $650, and twice shipping costs have killed the deal.

Pics on the left are of my original, ones on the right are of the reproduction.
Being critical, the reproduction doesn't carry the return flange you see in the 2nd photo
While hard to tell, the underside of the hood is smoother on the chop areas than the original.
And also difficult to tell, there is a small hole (guessing 3/8 dia) at the FWD (top in the photo) under hood support. (Seen in the final photo)

My option was to repair my original or add the small return flanges and fill the hole to be more like the original, so I fixed mine.

I think my best bet is to sell local or at least in the SW US but thought on a whim, I'd share what I have

PM sent
Keep yer foot in it