Main Menu

e body convertible header bow insulation channel

Started by jujuka, December 04, 2021, 08:22:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jujuka

I am looking for the front header bow insulation channel or track. It screws to the front convertible bow and holds the soft seal rubber insulation.
I have all the side pieces, this ride is just missing the front piece

here's a pic

thanks in advance
restore it to a 10 drive down to a 6

FE5CUDA

You will have a very serious issue finding one of those, plan on paying a bunch of money if you find one.

anlauto

I bought one from Ken Hopperdietzel a couple of years ago, at that time he let me pick from about five of them that he had...I found a phone number for him, don't know if it's recent 715-432-5080  :dunno:   I paid $1000 USD for the one I bought.

Recently my metal man is going to make me two for the two convertibles I'm currently restoring...we'll see how they turn out... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jujuka

Thanks anlauto I sent him a message. If I had some dimensions I would think my metal guy could get it close also. if it works out send a pic?

Cuda_mark

It too me a while to find one as well. Luckily member YYZ had one and helped me out. Not sure if he has another. As Alan mentioned, Ken probably has something you could use.

jujuka

Thanks Mark. Hopefully something will pop up. I'll message YYZ . I don't know what's tougher to get, this part or the soft seal weather strip kit. It's been on order since May!

anlauto

If you find a source for the convertible A Pillar weather-strip, please let me know, they have been unavailable for years...I need two sets. :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

Quote from: jujuka on December 06, 2021, 08:10:35 AM
Thanks Mark. Hopefully something will pop up. I'll message YYZ . I don't know what's tougher to get, this part or the soft seal weather strip kit. It's been on order since May!

I got all of my missing weatherstipping from Ken. His inventory of usable pieces was running low. I've heard that the repop stuff doesn't work well. I do have 2 spare header seals.

jujuka

anlauto, I came across the site below, I don't know if they have them in stock but they have them advertised any way. Also my long ago order from soft seal has shipped from the factory so maybe some sets will show up.

https://www.topsonline.com/model/Convertible_Tops_And_Accessories/Dodge/1970_and_1971_Dodge_Challenger_And_Challenger_R/T.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgLn58c_e9AIVKR6tBh0XRAdaEAAYASAAEgIzNPD_BwE

anlauto

Quote from: jujuka on December 12, 2021, 09:23:10 AM
anlauto, I came across the site below, I don't know if they have them in stock but they have them advertised any way. Also my long ago order from soft seal has shipped from the factory so maybe some sets will show up.

https://www.topsonline.com/model/Convertible_Tops_And_Accessories/Dodge/1970_and_1971_Dodge_Challenger_And_Challenger_R/T.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgLn58c_e9AIVKR6tBh0XRAdaEAAYASAAEgIzNPD_BwE

I called them awhile back...none is stock... :'(

CudaNV

I saw this post and went through my "stash" for convertible stuff.  I have the header and the original seal (complete, supple, no rips or tears) if you still need them. I want $1200 plus shipping for both.

Dave

jujuka

anlauto

No disrespect to the seller, but when a person's FIRST post is trying to sell something to someone, it's a tiny bit of a red flag....not saying it's a scam, just saying proceed with caution....

@jujuka
You both will not be able to use our PM option until you have made at least ten posts....a bit of a security measure we added to help protect members against scammers... :alan2cents:

CudaNV

jujuka

I sent a pm to you, don't know if it went through.  Send me a message at dwmosher60@att.net.  I can send you additional photos, if you like.

Regards

Dave