Main Menu

WTB Edelbrock LD 340 TA Intake Manifold

Started by SassyAAR, April 07, 2020, 10:05:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SassyAAR

Looking for the Edelbrock LD 340 TA intake that fits W2 ports. P/N P3690853

MOPAR MITCH

Interesting... I've never heard of an LD340TA mfld.... is it for W2 ports only?   what's unique about it?

SassyAAR

kawahonda

Interesting. I never knew about this manifold.

Also keep in mind that it requires an electric or manual choke.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

SassyAAR

worthywads

Wondering why that called it LD340TA instead of LD340W2

SassyAAR

I think the answer is in how the W2 heads were developed.  :vipermanhiding:

RUNCHARGER

It is strange. The W-2-s didn't come out until 78 or 79, Chrysler didn't spend money on the T/A program after 1970.
Sheldon

SassyAAR

Most say 76 for the W2, Mopar LA book also says 1974. Chrysler may not have put money into Trans Am after 70 but the lessons learned and LA engine development continued in other venues. Like Mario Rossi's 305 Charger at Daytona in 71. Great article on this in April 1971 Hot Rod about Keith Black's "Mini Mopars". Every one of those motors in the article he was building for race teams was using TA blocks, ported TA or Weslake heads, and an LD 340 manifold if carbed and running a dual plane due to class rules. Many of the valve train and porting details mentioned will make it into the W2 heads a few years later, also the W2 ports would end up looking strikingly like the Gurney-Weslake head ports. Seems only natural that there would be a W2 version of what had been the standard dual plane racing manifold for the new heads that were also based on the modifications racing engine builders had been doing to TA heads anyways. I just think the W2 single plane and later Mopar dual plane outnumber the LD 340 TA built.