Main Menu

WTB G 440 1971 HP or Non HP

Started by 69CudaFan, July 05, 2017, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

69CudaFan

Looking for a block, caps and forged crank, all standard.  I will pay freight to San Diego CA.  Somebody has to have something they can sell me.  Going in my 71 440 six pack clone.  Late build 71 Barracuda so any date pretty much works before 6/30/1971.  Will pick up if close enough.

Cuda Cody

I think I have a 1971 HP 440 Block, but I think the main caps are missing.  I will have to check. 

If you don't find what you need, let me know and I can look really close at what I have.  I plan to come down to Spring Fling too so I could deliver it to Van Nuys, CA if that helps.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

initially I PMed this but apparently posting on an open forum is ok.. So...

I've got a G440 HP been sitting on a pallet since 01... It's on the roof of the office in my shop...  It came out of a 71 Polara CHP car back in the mid 70's & put in a 68 Coronet R/T.... Unfortunately the Coronet set outside for quite a few years & at some point the hood got stolen... I've never even tried to turn it over.... No idea if it's free or locked up.... If you want tomorrow I'll be at the shop I could try to turn it over..... 

BTW I'm in Central Ca.... Modesto....

Cuda Cody

If that works out for him, I should be driving by in Oct if the engine needs a ride further south.    8)

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 05, 2017, 07:30:14 PM
initially I PMed this but apparently posting on an open forum is ok.. So...

I've got a G440 HP been sitting on a pallet since 01... It's on the roof of the office in my shop...  It came out of a 71 Polara CHP car back in the mid 70's & put in a 68 Coronet R/T.... Unfortunately the Coronet set outside for quite a few years & at some point the hood got stolen... I've never even tried to turn it over.... No idea if it's free or locked up.... If you want tomorrow I'll be at the shop I could try to turn it over..... 

BTW I'm in Central Ca.... Modesto....

1 Wild R/T

That could easily work but if time is a concern...   My shop is right off the freeway & between me & the freeway is a Fastenal.... Fastenal will deliver it on their normal delivery truck route pretty cheap...

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-party-logistics-(3pl)

fc7cuda

I hope you guys can work something out, if not these are near me - https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/6170130762.html

I also have a clean/standard 71 440 Non-HP block if all else fails.

Good Luck.  :waving:

1 Wild R/T

Well, I guess it's hard to find an engine if you never check back in.... :rofl:

Cuda Cody

1 Wild R/T

He only posted the one time... No follow up at all...  Doesn't matter to me, after storing this engine since 01 I just got a call for a friend that needs a G code HP so this one is gone...

69CudaFan

Sorry everyone!  Thanks for the responses.  I am now on my second locally sourced G 440.  The first had spun a bearing and the main saddle was bad.  The crank was also too far gone.  I have my next candidate at the machine shop to see if it will clean up.  More to follow and thank you for the replies!  I love this site!