Main Menu

WTB Quarter and Door Window Bolts

Started by Gary AAR, February 09, 2021, 07:45:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

Working on the windows of my 1970 Cuda, and realized I am short a couple of bolts.  I had sent a lot of hardware off to be replated, and these must have gotten lost in the process.  What I need are the following:
1.  Quarter window shoulder bolt, 1/4-20 x 2.00.  Bolt has hex washer head, shoulder diameter is .378", shoulder length is 1.00", overall bolt length is 2.00".  I think the original Chrysler part number is 6028820.  Sent (2) off to the plater, but only (1) came back, so I need (1) bolt.  See pictures below.
2.  Door window glass guide & anti-rattle bracket mounting bolt, 1/4-20 x 3/4 long.  Bolt is a hex allen head with a captive washer and lead point.  Sent (2) off to the plater, but none came back, so I need (2) bolts.  I think the original Chrysler part number is 6027992.  Don't have a picture of this one.

I've searched R/T Specialties, AMK, and other sources, but haven't found anyone that sells reproductions.  Anyone have some bolts that would be willing to sell?
Thanks for the help.

71vert340

Are these the 2 bolts you need?
Terry W.

71vert340

I happened to be digging through a drawer organizer in my shop and found these bolts. It looks like I may have the one you need of these also.
Let me know if you're interested.
Terry W.

71vert340

@Gary AAR. I'm curious about something done before doing the plating on the long bolts. The threads have a nylon insert to lock the bolt into place when installed. I see it in your top photo on the right side of the threads. You can see it in the two bolts I have as I placed drill bits near the nylon pieces. Did you have to drill it out to remove it prior to plating and then insert a small diameter nylon rod piece after? If so, what diameter nylon rod? Looks to be about 1/16" diameter. Thanks.
Terry W.

anlauto

Quote from: 71vert340 on February 09, 2021, 02:50:57 PM
@Gary AAR. I'm curious about something done before doing the plating on the long bolts. The threads have a nylon insert to lock the bolt into place when installed. I see it in your top photo on the right side of the threads. You can see it in the two bolts I have as I placed drill bits near the nylon pieces. Did you have to drill it out to remove it prior to plating and then insert a small diameter nylon rod piece after? If so, what diameter nylon rod? Looks to be about 1/16" diameter. Thanks.
Terry W.

I think if you were worried you could just use Loc-tite  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Gary AAR

71vert340, Yes those appear to be the allen head screws and the shoulder bolt that I need.  Let me know if your willing to sell them (price, shipping, payment method).  Send me a PM if interested.

I did just check the nylon insert on the shoulder bolt.  I did not notice this feature before I sent them off for plating, so I did not remove it prior to plating.  The nylon appears to have survived the plating process.  I did thread a nut onto the bolt, and felt a small resistance when it got to the nylon insert area.  I'm sure it's not as good a locking feature as when the bolt was new, so I'll probably use a little loctite as Alan suggested when reassembling.
Thanks for the help.
Gary.

71vert340

B5fourspeed

anlauto

The Allen head ones are hard to find, they're only used inside the doors....If anybody has a source for them, I would love to hear about it...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

Quote from: anlauto on February 10, 2021, 06:54:45 PM
The Aleen head ones are hard to find, they're only used inside the doors....If anybody has a source for them, I would love to hear about it...

I guess I didn't realize they were hard to find. In fact until this post, I didn't even remember what these bolts were for. I guess now I remember they hold door/window parts. I remember removing them from some doors I had and what a pain using an allen wrench inside the door. That was years ago.
Terry W.