Main Menu

1970-1974 Paint Chip Charts added to the Resource Library

Started by Cuda Cody, December 17, 2017, 03:00:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Racer57

Excuse me for being a noob to this stuff, but am I understanding correctly that Hemi Orange was an option for the exterior of a Challenger, but only used on Barracuda engines ?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

It was called TorRed on Plymouths. same colour, different name for some reason.
Sheldon

anlauto

Ohhh...now I get what he meant.... The paint code EV2 is the same code for both Dodge's "Hemi Orange" and Plymouth's "Tor Red"....yes it's a bit confusing...but the same colour. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

@Racer57  I remember when I was first learning about the Mopar colors and it can be confusing for sure.  Took me a bit to finally figure them all out.   ;)  Mopar often times use the same color on both Dodge and Plymouth, but gave it different names (even though it's the same color).  Hemi Orange & Tor Red, Plum Crazy & In Violet, Vitamin C & Go Mango... and so on.  I'm sure it was done to save money on colors, but make it seem like they different options with the different vehicle brands.  It also makes it a bit more confusing when they painted the high performance engines a Hemi Orange that was slightly different too.  The color charts shown in the links are to the exterior colors of the cars.