Main Menu

1970 Paint data interior and exterior

Started by ec_co, January 09, 2017, 03:40:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

this can be tough, especially for interior colors where different paint types were used depending on the part. eg: the dash frame uses a suede paint finish

personally, I'd like to see some data on actual paint formulations if anyone has some of that info (eg: 1970 B5 broken down by pigment %)

please add any appropriate info you may have.

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Here's the code for Black Suede PPG 9324 (Dash, Steering column, Glove Box and Ash Tray).  I'll try to find the mix measurements.

Cuda Cody

Bayou Green  for F8 Green Interiors.

ec_co

I've heard that dash suede (colors other than black) are only available through one restoration shop with 'a limited supply of original suede paint' ....... ? I'll be needing to paint my B5 interior dash and would like to do it right.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Cuda Cody

PPG is still making the Suede additive, but not many places stock it.  They have to order it in.  My local paint store about 30 minutes away gets it for me.  I can give you there number and if they don't want to ship it, I can get it for you and ship it. 

ec_co

great to hear that was a BS claim. I'm hoping to get the entire dash redone this year (cluster, pad, frame, etc)

Cuda Cody

I show some tips on how to paint Suede in the Part 3 of the steering column video.  It's not hard to spray really nice with a little practice.

headejm

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 09, 2017, 03:48:56 PM
Here's the code for Black Suede PPG 9324 (Dash, Steering column, Glove Box and Ash Tray).  I'll try to find the mix measurements.

I'd like to get the mix measurements also. My buddy is the PPG distributor in my area and I'll ask him if he can get it. I'm assuming he can get any PPG stuff.

headejm

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 09, 2017, 03:48:56 PM

@Cuda Cody Were you able to find the mix measurements for Black Suede PPG 9324?

Cuda Cody

Didn't see the mix measurements anywhere on the cans I have.  Any PPG dealer should be able to look it up and mix you some.

Quote from: headejm on July 20, 2017, 10:54:10 PM

@Cuda Cody Were you able to find the mix measurements for Black Suede PPG 9324?