Main Menu

70 Cuda grille red trim

Started by 704406, November 07, 2021, 09:26:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

I have a 70 BS23V0B Cuda oct 69 production. This Cuda never had the red trim bar on the grille. I also had a BS23R0B dec 69 production that also didn't have the red trim bar. Does anyone know if it was an option on all Barrauda's? Was it standard on BS Cuda's with all engines? I'm sure someone here will know the correct answer.
Both Cuda's mentioned were export cars to Canada.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 704406 on November 07, 2021, 09:26:02 AM
I have a 70 BS23V0B Cuda oct 69 production. This Cuda never had the red trim bar on the grille. I also had a BS23R0B dec 69 production that also didn't have the red trim bar. Does anyone know if it was an option on all Barrauda's? Was it standard on BS Cuda's with all engines? I'm sure someone here will know the correct answer.
Both Cuda's mentioned were export cars to Canada.

I've always thought it was standard on all Cudas.

YYZ

It should be standard equipment on 'Cuda, and AFAIK, there was no way to call it out or the Gran Coupe rectangular trim as separate options.

The most likely scenarios are that a) the factory put in a regular grille (either accidentally or as a substitution to keep the line moving) or b) that the trim was removed by a prior owner.

anlauto

:iagree: It's definitely the exception to the rule  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Thanks for the reply's. My 70 BS23V0B I've owned since 1972 and my uncle bought it new so I know it didn't come with the the red trim bar.
The BS23R0B had 6000 miles when I got it but it had 2 previous owners, so the trim could have been removed before I got it.
I have the red trim so I guess I'll be installing it over the winter.