Main Menu

Challenger Pace Cars

Started by cataclysm80, September 25, 2017, 10:25:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Very cool car!!!   :banana:  Love that color.

303 Mopar

Really nice looking car!  Are you installing the holders for the flags too?

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada. Neat car and it looks like you are preserving it well.
Sheldon

Steve340

Quote from: C_B5 on May 26, 2018, 01:41:31 PM
Cataclysm80  a question on the list of VINs you provided
Are those ALL of the factory built pace cars ?

The reason for the inquiry is a friend of mine has a 71 challenger convertible that is originally EV2 orange but has a later VIN
I know that the first numbers of the VIN are "358" and the build date is 418
Also the order number begins with an "R" which the other cars also have - correct?
The build date and VIN seem to be too late compared to production of the other pace cars

He's owned the car for 30+ years and painted it plum crazy probably at least that long ago because he hated the orange color. From conversation he remembers it having the pace car decals on it when he first purchased the car. I will try to confirm that with him and see if he has any photos before the repaint.

I also have a factory Pace Car with VIN 358... which is just 33 away from the Judy Ham car. Mine was built April 15th.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site Steve from Panama
Love the pace cars , even upside down !!

Steve340

:stayinlane: I tried to post it right side up but it wouldn't  work. I then used photo editor to turn it over and it still wouldn't work.

Chryco Psycho

someone here will fix it for you !! :bigthumb:

1 Wild R/T

Damn Australian Challengers... :rofl:

Cuda Cody

Sweet Challenger @Steve340   :banana:  And welcome to the forum  :welcome:   :veryexcited:

Chryco Psycho

Fixed , That is better & looking good  :twothumbsup:

CudaHead

Judy Ham was my wife. We build that car. If you want more information about The "Judy Ham Car", contact me.

Ricomondo

Quote from: Steve340 on May 29, 2019, 08:44:32 PM
Quote from: C_B5 on May 26, 2018, 01:41:31 PM
Cataclysm80  a question on the list of VINs you provided
Are those ALL of the factory built pace cars ?

The reason for the inquiry is a friend of mine has a 71 challenger convertible that is originally EV2 orange but has a later VIN
I know that the first numbers of the VIN are "358" and the build date is 418
Also the order number begins with an "R" which the other cars also have - correct?
The build date and VIN seem to be too late compared to production of the other pace cars

He's owned the car for 30+ years and painted it plum crazy probably at least that long ago because he hated the orange color. From conversation he remembers it having the pace car decals on it when he first purchased the car. I will try to confirm that with him and see if he has any photos before the repaint.

I also have a factory Pace Car with VIN 358... which is just 33 away from the Judy Ham car. Mine was built April 15th.

Is your car on the list? If I'm reading it correctly, VIN's with 358 are too late to be actual replicas?
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Chryco Psycho

Welcome tot he site from Panama  :wave:

Brickyard

Adding to the data, here is my 1971 Challenger Indianapolis 500 Festival convertible. The Mrs. Darroll French/Ms. Julia Johnson car. One of two 383 2bbl cars. I bought the Challenger from Julia five years ago. While the terrific Gene Piurkowski VIN list shows this car as restored in 2003, it was not. "Refreshed" might be a better term. I did the same after buying the car. At some point, an Edelbrock 4bbl and intake manifold had been installed, but fortunately, Julia had saved the original manifold and carburetor, both of which were cleaned and reinstalled.
I currently own ten pace cars (two actuals). This Challenger took part in the 2016 IMS Pace Car Reunion, and has participated in the Indianapolis 500 Festival Parade twice, 45 years apart - 1971 & 2016

JS29

@Brickyard   :welcome: awesome first post  :twothumbsup: great car to have. salute To you! :cheers: