Main Menu

Door shell holes locations (labelled)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 09, 2017, 03:44:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Not sure who made this, but thought it was pretty good! 

cataclysm80

I made all those.    Glad you like them.   :)

Cuda Cody

:bravo:  I should have guess it was you!   :veryexcited:

fc7cuda

Quote from: cataclysm80 on January 18, 2017, 08:29:20 PM
I made all those.    Glad you like them.   :)

Do you have any more of other parts you've labelled?  Sure look great!   :lookatthat:

Tom

A.Gramz

Anybody have one for the side mirrors holes and what thread type of incerts where used.

cataclysm80

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 23, 2017, 05:44:22 AM
Do you have any more of other parts you've labelled?  Sure look great!   :lookatthat:
Tom

Thanks!   I do.  I did pretty much the whole car like that I think.  It's  a lot of pictures.

cataclysm80

Quote from: A.Gramz on January 23, 2017, 05:47:26 AM
Anybody have one for the side mirrors holes and what thread type of incerts where used.

Yes, though I don't have it with me at the moment.

I've looked into that quite a bit.  Measurements can be a little different from car to car, but on a single car the right and left mirrors are located the same.
Almost everyone has a drivers side mirror, so measure off of that to locate where the passenger side mirror would go.
For most cars it isn't very critical.  The one that comes to mind where you really want to pay attention is the Challenger T/A.  That's because on the T/A, the side stripe has a cutout for the mirror and the door handle.  Since you can't move the door handle, you need to make sure your mirrors are in the right spot.   I think most of the reproduction T/A stripes stopped putting the mirror cutouts on the stripes because to many people had their mirrors in the wrong spot and it was causing problems.  They let you make your own mirror cutouts now. 

Here's a link to the rivnuts.  They work a lot like pop rivets.
https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/mh724

A.Gramz

cataclysm80

Thought I'd add a few pics of the T/A mirror cutout situation.