Main Menu

Fastener for 340-6 solenoid wire

Started by benguin, May 25, 2021, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benguin

I'm not sure where exactly to post this, but what is the "correct" fastener for a 340-6bbl for the idle solenoid wiring that is secured to the throttle return spring bracket?  The one I'm seeing is a white barbed plastic piece with the wire taped to it.

I've found some pictures of what seems to be a correct plastic fastener, but can't find anyone who might be a supplier (or if it's even correct).

Pre-warning, with some free time due to kids out of the house, I'm working to get my fish back in operation- it's been trapped in the garage for more years than I'd care to admit.  It had a full go-through and paint in '92, if that tells you anything.  For this pass, I'm planning to get some details I've missed out on in the past. 

Appreciate any help!
Ben

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

benguin

Bingo!!   Thanks, Skdmark.  One of the more obscure parts I couldn't find though any of my normal channels!

This also finally solves the question of "why does the 340-6 throttle return have that extra hole in it?"

Greatly appreciate your help!

Skdmark

Sure thing
:cheers:

Make a post in either the new member section and/or the my restoration section.
The crowd here loves to see pictures and read stories about members cars. Got a good crew from all over the world.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

muscleonly

How is that wire held on there is it just taped on