Main Menu

interior color charts/reference?

Started by ec_co, March 05, 2017, 05:50:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

are there any interior color charts/reference #s out there? might be another solid addition to the reference material. something like an excel chart breaking down the various color variations/codes for the various parts (eg: door and 1/4 panels are bright blue, dash is X, arm rests are medium blue <insert paint code>, kick panels are X, headliner trim, etc)

I just picked up some of Herbs' B5 interior paint and while it will work for some things, it is not a match some for other parts (arm rests, seat hinge covers) and I'd like to get it close to correct. my understanding is that there were essentially 3 different 'colors' on a B5 interior - Bright Blue, Medium Blue and Bright Blue suede (dash only?)

yesterday I did some test sprays on my old door panels and the color looks good, but my old panels don't seem to have any metallic in them (back sides) and the spray certainly does - is this not meant for the plastic trim pieces?

as a little motivation I used some on my rear quarter panels just to see what it would look like .... almost a dead match for my original B5.

any enlightenment would be great for my situation and maybe this is a good start to getting together some reference material for all interiors and the correct color schemes? I can't seem to find one anywhere else and it would be invaluable material for any restorer
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

That's a good idea for reference: It's really hard to know what are the correct shades these days as the cars are almost 50 years old so what can you use for reference? Even parts hidden from the sun fade.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

We have all the Color and Trim books being added to our library soon.  They have color samples, trim options and real color chips for paint.  But feel free to post and share any original samples anyone has.  The real issue is that most people to not have calibrated monitors for color so it's not going to be perfect match anyway.  The best way is to do it in person with an original chip or un-restored sample.

anlauto

Herb's paint looks different on metal than it does on plastic or vinyl  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration