Main Menu

side Windows - diagrams / assembly / adjustments

Started by ec_co, January 09, 2017, 11:49:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

please add if you have more

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

This is great stuff!  I think @4cruzin is putting in some windows and they are not lining up great.  Lets get him to post some photos and help him!!!

HP_Cuda

I have included this graphic to show exactly which bolts you need to loosen to try and get alignment.

Every section circled in orange is required to be loosened to make adjustments. The one outlined in red can provide a slight amount of adjustment and is not necessary to make adjustments with the orange circled bolts.

If this does not work I have yet one more arrow to offer past this. Details soon!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Spikedog08

Very helpful!  CudaCody is correct . . I am installing windows in the convertible in the next week or two . . Probably this coming weekend.   Great diagram!  Knew most of that . . Need to look at the pivot adjustment  . . See how that works . . Guess I wasn't sure that was adjustable? 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

We're here to help in anyway we can.   :soshelp:  Don't feel odd or funny to ask for some tips.  I still ask for help all the time and don't know what I would do without good friends.  We're going to make sure you get those windows just as perfect as you can.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

This is some really good info.  This is one of those things we all just try to figure out as we go.  Love the color coded photo too.   :ohyeah:

Rdchallenger

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 09, 2017, 12:07:26 PM

I have included this graphic to show exactly which bolts you need to loosen to try and get alignment.

Every section circled in orange is required to be loosened to make adjustments. The one outlined in red can provide a slight amount of adjustment and is not necessary to make adjustments with the orange circled bolts.

If this does not work I have yet one more arrow to offer past this. Details soon!

I know I'm resurfacing an old bracket but I'm currently doing adjustments to my windows. In the back of the front window I'm out too much on the bottom. Which adjustments would I need to make to bring the bottom in some?

Edit: figured it out!!!! Needed to adjust the quarter window a little more.  :banana: