Main Menu

Front end bracket for cherry picker

Started by Shane Kelley, May 15, 2017, 09:55:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Use this for lowering body onto front K member assembly. Very simple and effective. I made mine adjustable to work on E and A body cars. Would be more simple for single car use.  I recommend bolting frame plates to bumper locations to get you exact width on main bar. Should be pretty close to my numbers shown for E body.  Materials cost me about 26.00 for what you see here.  See my other thread for engine, trans, K memeber dolly pictures.

71GranCoupe

Thanks for sharing. Always great seeing things like this to helps others with their builds.  :thankyou:

Cuda Cody

Pretty slick!   :lookatthat:  Like that you made it adjustable.   :yes:

anlauto

I usually assemble as much as I can before the engine goes in, so I simply hook the cherry picker to the inside using heavy duty tie downs...never an issue.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on May 15, 2017, 01:49:22 PM
I usually assemble as much as I can before the engine goes in, so I simply hook the cherry picker to the inside using heavy duty tie downs...never an issue.
Most definitely would want rear wheels on the ground with that method. That sucker would be floating all over on jack stands.

anlauto

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 15, 2017, 02:04:03 PM
Quote from: anlauto on May 15, 2017, 01:49:22 PM
Most definitely would want rear wheels on the ground with that method. That sucker would be floating all over on jack stands.

Yea for sure ! I've done it your way as well :slapme5: ......I've done 26 cars that way now. I'll never go over the top again !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

truckinman466

How would I find your other threads for the K-pop frame stand? Liv it

truckinman466

GoodysGotaCuda

I used two factory front bumper brackets and just two 3/8" bolts holding in a crossbar. Didn't have any issue lifting a full metal front end.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs