Main Menu

Garage floor covering choices

Started by Dakota, May 20, 2021, 04:43:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 20, 2021, 05:47:48 AM
Last time I was talking to my sherwin guy he said there is a new product out for floors that works better than straight epoxy.
I

Quote from: Floyd on May 20, 2021, 02:00:13 PM
I did a polyaspartic coating on a new floor and it has been a huge regret.  ]

That's the stuff I was talking about.  I've heard it's great.  But have not seen any of it.
Sorry it's a pain for you and appreciate the tip to stay away. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: CNUMB on May 20, 2021, 05:08:00 PM
I use 4ft x 6ft horse stall mats.

That is a great idea.  I'm going to have to try this one. 
Can you use a floor jack on them?  I know they are very thick and sturdy. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

B5fourspeed

I would go with the horse stall mats.3/4 in thick should be very durable.If one gets stained or damaged you can replace the one mat.I heard that sometimes with the epoxy floor if you turn the wheel of your car without moving the epoxy will flake off sometimes.

Dakota

There's a Tractor Supply store near me asking those stall mats.  I'll go take a look at them this weekend. 

CNUMB

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 20, 2021, 07:07:50 PM
Quote from: CNUMB on May 20, 2021, 05:08:00 PM
I use 4ft x 6ft horse stall mats.

That is a great idea.  I'm going to have to try this one. 
Can you use a floor jack on them?  I know they are very thick and sturdy.

Yes, no issues..Just did a brake job.. I did put down some protection from brake fluid hitting them..

GCragtop

I´m building a new shop at the moment, floor coating is a mix of two stage epoxy resin and quartz sand.
Floor grinded and cleaned, after that primered. Next day epoxy and sand mixed and applied to the floor, they used trowel machine to make surface nice and smooth. Third day, more epoxy resin to seal the surface. 4th day, second round of epoxy for sealing.
I´m happy.

Rich G.

5th day emptied your bank account LOL . Looks great

autoxcuda

What about carpet runners around the car?

I get used industrial ones that come from industrial uniform service companies (Cintas, Prudential, Aramark) that do car dealers and shops. The same guys that do uniforms and rags... There's a person at the swap meet that gets better quality used mats that are cycled out. About 10-$20 each

If you coat you floor you need to have you floor tested with a moisture tent to make sure moisture is t seeping through. The old floor in my garage is bad with moisture. It will screw up an epoxy job

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Dakota

Quote from: autoxcuda on May 21, 2021, 09:07:47 AM
If you coat you floor you need to have you floor tested with a moisture tent to make sure moisture is t seeping through. The old floor in my garage is bad with moisture. It will screw up an epoxy job

Yep.  Made that mistake in a previous house.   It had a detached garage so there was no moisture barrier under the concrete.  My Rustoleum epoxy paint started flaming off within a couple of months. 

blown motor

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 20, 2021, 06:57:45 PM
Quote from: dodj on May 20, 2021, 07:52:56 AM
:takepicture: Please!

Sorry, those garages were done before flat screen phones and flip phones didn't take good pictures. 
At that time I didn't hire a professional to come take pictures of my work. 

This belongs to a friend of mine.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Poolshark314

Good thread topic as I will be looking to do the same soon. Thanks for the feedback on RaceDeck, that was my current choice
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

HUSTLESTUFF

I'm putting down some New Age flooring in my "showroom".  Very thick and reviews were pretty good. About $4/sqft.  Going to change the plans for that room to be more of a man cave/garage bar with maybe one car at a time in it.