How many have these?

Started by 70chall440, February 23, 2017, 06:35:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70chall440

Wondering how many members have/use these
Mopar or no car!!!

Chryco Psycho

70chall440

True by today's standards. They do a lot of things however, I used them years ago when in high school. The ones pictured were used by a local HS up until about 3 years ago.
Mopar or no car!!!

Chryco Psycho

Never said they were bad , I used them also in the early years as a mechanic  :yes:

Cuda Cody

I keep looking at swap meets for one and someday I will pick one up.   :yes:  They are cool to have!

70chall440

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 23, 2017, 06:50:07 PM
I keep looking at swap meets for one and someday I will pick one up.   :yes:  They are cool to have!

Well... perhaps you and I should talk...  :)
Mopar or no car!!!

jt4406

I bought an "Investigator" new in '84, used it daily in my repair shop until end of summer '86 when I took the teaching job I retired from. Very good piece of equipment at the time. Still got it, and still use it on my toys. I would love to find out how to repair and calibrate the CO and HC meters though.

:ohyeah:

jess
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

Rich G.

I had an Atlas one from my fathers gas station. I gave it away because the floor space was more valuable to me. What I liked the best about it was you could see a worn distributor and bad wires.

jimynick

Those machines look to be the "newer" versions. My step father sold Allen equipment in the late 60's and I remember him showing my uncle in his Shell Car Guard Clinic- with a chassis dyno and all- how the machine worked on his new 69 Buick GS400. Once you got used to it, it was truly amazing how much info you could glean using them.  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Timbbuc2

Yep I have used them in Auto Mechanics class many,many years ago
Get in, I'll drive

340challconvert

That was really hi tech back in the day.
Learned how to use one in the 70's when I worked as a mechanic in an Exxon station on weekends.
Looked very cool to even look at.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

mccannix

Not quite in the same vein but I have one of these...works, and cool Mopar unit to look at, only 18 inches wide, but I'm running out of a spot for it.
May have to roll it to Carlisle

Brads70

Quote from: mccannix on June 22, 2017, 06:58:33 AM
Not quite in the same vein but I have one of these...works, and cool Mopar unit to look at, only 18 inches wide, but I'm running out of a spot for it.
May have to roll it to Carlisle

What is that worth.....  Does it still work? Missing any parts? Might be interested?

mccannix

Came from a still operating dealership, ...worked there.
Plug it in, lights up, but I never had a desire to hook it up to anything.
$150.00 on the ground at Carlisle or I'll leave it up here for you, $200.00 Canuckbucks