normal_post in Knife sharpener in Tools and Equipment Author Topic: Knife sharpener  (Read 393 times)

Offline 734406PK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Leaning Tower of Power
  • Credits: 1070
    • Share Post
xx in Knife sharpener in Tools and Equipment
Knife sharpener
« on: August 05, 2018, 10:37:49 PM »
I picked up a knife sharpener a month ago for dressing up the kitchen knives. Dull Stainless steel knives are a major pain (and dangerous) and tough to get a good edge on. Well this belt sharpener is awesome! It has brought back many a dull knife to "shaving sharp" condition and beyond without much effort. I am impressed! If you are looking for a decent knife sharpener, this is it! Just follow the directions and be amazed! :twothumbsup:
https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-Knife-Tool-Sharpener/dp/B003IT5F14/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1533533271&sr=8-3&keywords=work+sharp+knife+sharpener

Linkback: https://forum.e-bodies.org/tools-and-equipment/22/knife-sharpener/7968/

Offline HP_Cuda

• Roast em if ya got em
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Six Pack
  • index in Knife sharpener in Tools and Equipment
  • Credits: 7620
  • Keep the rubber side down
    • Share Post
Re: Knife sharpener
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »

Got one very similar to that one by the same maker and it works great.

Sharpens anything toute suite!!!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Offline IRON MAN

• Big Block
  • Credits: 710
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:05:23 AM »
The last trip to Germany I purchased two swords with stainless steel blades 36"-42" long. They were never sharpened I'm told because  they can't be taken out of the country sharpened. ? The air lines never asked if they were sharpened. Do you think this tool's belt is wide enough to sharpen a sword? In films about medieval times the sword maker uses a pedal driven round stone to sharpen swords. Hollywood?

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:05:23 AM »

Online 1 Wild R/T

• Six Pack
  • Credits: 8170
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »
The last trip to Germany I purchased two swords with stainless steel blades 36"-42" long. They were never sharpened I'm told because  they can't be taken out of the country sharpened. ? The air lines never asked if they were sharpened. Do you think this tool's belt is wide enough to sharpen a sword? In films about medieval times the sword maker uses a pedal driven round stone to sharpen swords. Hollywood?

When I lived in Spain back in the 60's there was a man who would come through the neighborhood sharpening knives, he had a stone mounted on the back of his bicycle, he had a center stand like a motorcycle, and a second seat facing the opposite direction.He would turn around on the bike, pedal which would spin the stone & sharpen knives & scissors for folks.... I remember him charging ten cents.....

Offline 734406PK

• Leaning Tower of Power
  • Credits: 1070
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »

It seems it will sharpen a sword!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfD1_gHpraw

I've used this sharpener with this attachment on lawn mower blades etc. t works well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ2lB5sux64

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »

Tags:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter Share via whatsapp

xx
Cuda Knife

Started by Topcat

2 Replies
Last post June 29, 2017, 08:17:08 PM
by Topcat