Main Menu

Mychanic tool holder and pod light

Started by Dakota, October 12, 2017, 04:00:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

I usually ignore the pop up ads that show up on my computer, but this one caught my eye.  While crawling around under a car, I either don't have enough light or I manage to unplug the light I have when I reposition it.    I am also forever scattering tools on the floor or the high tech cardboard that serves as padding for my back.   The delivery came yesterday.   It's really cool, especially how the pod light on the magnetic base can be swiveled into almost any position.   The LED light has 2 brightness settings.   The tool creeper has a couple of pocket areas to keep nuts/bolts separate from the tools.   The only downside I can see coming is that the magnetic base for the light will lock onto any metal pieces that land on it like the magnets for welding do.

https://mychanic.com/products/tool-creeper-pod-light-combo-pack

Not a terrible gift idea.  My wife "mentioned" that it would've been nice if I'd let her know I wanted one for Christmas instead of going out and buying it for myself.   There was something about being impossible to figure out what to buy for Christmas and birthdays that I didn't completely understand. 

Chryco Psycho

I have had this idea for decades to build a bone style creeper & add lighting along the sides , initially I saw the flourecent tubes under cars which sparked the idea , but now it could easily be done with high output LEDs . it would be shadowless & would require a much smaller Lithium Ion battery with LEDs , maybe we could develope this as a group on this site or crowd fund it , I have never been able to afford to get it into production . we could add a tool tray. even magnetic  along the side as well

Cuda Cody

Chryco Psycho

Thanks
A light on a creeper just makes sense to me & having it attached to the creeper is a no brainer as the first thing you need under a car is a light !
I have had this idea since the first time I saw lighting under a car .
I looked into getting a patent but $25k is the starting point & the Chinese will steal the idea as soon as you apply & beat you into production .
I finally saw the first creeper with a light maybe 4 years ago but it was a goose neck spot light , I have held onto this since the 80s , I will never get this done tho

RUNCHARGER

I think the lights worn on your head are probably the best, I know my son uses one a lot working on those Kenworths.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

Hmmm something to think seriously about.
I am a mold maker that also has tooling built in China...
My brother owns his own circuit board shop for the electronics...

:thinking:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

I doubt the electronics would be complicated at all , 12v LI battery , some high powered light strips & a HD switch to close the circuit .
I have 12v 150 watt headlights in my van , they draw a lot less power than the Halogen do