Main Menu

New Blast Cabinet

Started by Shane Kelley, March 08, 2018, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Got me a new 6' long blast cabinet and this thing is sweet. Great for dash frames, rear axle housings and long stuff like that.  Upgraded the lighting to LED. Made a huge difference. You can see in the pics what it looks like with the factory flood lights compared to the LED's. I installed (6) 33" LED's.  Going to convert my old Snap On cabinet to plastic media and of course upgrade the lighting.

headejm

That transmission cross-member looks familiar!  :cheers:

76orangewagon

Damn nice blasting cabinet, no more long parts hanging out with a trash bag taped to the end.

Cuda Cody

WOW, that is impressive.  Wish I had one like that.  Pretty cool!  Thanks for sharing some cool photos.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Very nice! Those lights sure brighten it up. I generally turn off the shop lights and close all doors so I can see inside the blast cabinet.
Sheldon

J-Code Jeni

Congratulations @Shane Kelley , that cabinet is sweet!  :clapping: You just saved yourself a lot of headache in the years to come.

jimynick

Nice cabinet and nice lights! May I ask where and how much the LED lights were, as I think I should do that to mine also.   :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

LinceCuda

Now that is a nice cabinet  :cheers:

HEMICUDA

Shane Kelley

Quote from: jimynick on March 08, 2018, 07:47:23 PM
Nice cabinet and nice lights! May I ask where and how much the LED lights were, as I think I should do that to mine also.   :cheers:

I got them from TP Tools. 33" lights are $50 and they have 46" for $60. They have a magnetic base so install is super easy. Quality is very good.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 08, 2018, 10:11:55 PM
I have a similar cabinet, hook one of these to it, you'll love it.

http://www.tptools.com/USA-VAC-50-HEPA-Vacuum,8777.html?b=d*8035
Yea I have one of those that came from that very place. It's sitting behind the cabinet. Getting ready to order another and LED's for my old cabinet.

Timbbuc2

NOW! That is a blast cabinet, very nice. I have a HF , its ok for the money
Get in, I'll drive

Shane Kelley

I actually ended up doing a big upgrade on my old Snap On cabinet.  Bigger window and glove openings. New LED lighting and installed the same Skat vacuum system. Man what a improvement. This thing always sucked with poor lighting and a little window.  I decided to have it for more delicate blasting of plated parts and stuff like that using plastic media. 

HP_Cuda

Sweet cabinet for those large pieces!!

:twothumbsup:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200