Main Menu

Small parts cleaner

Started by soundcontrol, April 23, 2017, 12:55:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

My Ford buddy got a parts cleaner, and warm diesel is very effective to clean parts in. Not sure I agree on his method to heat up the diesel....
This is a coal BBQ fire starter he used to heat up the dielsel in the cleaner. I stayed far away... But it worked.

Cuda Cody

Pretty slick.  I don't think diesel fuel burns real easy so not sure what the risk is of heating it up is.  But not sure I want to find out.

anlauto

Doesn't diesel smell worse than varsol ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blake@diyhemi.com

A potentially safer method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cudakiller70

:stop: I know it's not the same thing, but my in laws used diesel in smudge pots to keep fruit from freezing.  :lurking:

soundcontrol

Thats is cool! I could use one for my porch at the end of summer when it gets cool. Wonder if they smell.....

Cudakiller70

I don't remember any smell when they ran them, actually seemed fairly efficient.

1 Wild R/T

Years ago I was out at the big Turlock Swap Meet which is in January, one of the guys was burning a smudge pot to heat his swap area..... A middle aged woman & her husband stopped by to enjoy the heat, she had her hair up in a beehive style.... At one point she got a little to close to the smudge pot & tilted her head toward the flame.... No one said a word as half her hair disappeared.... :rubeyes: The smell of burning hair was unmistakeable but she wandered off to the next swap space & we all kept straight faces till she was at least a couple spaces away...  I'd hate to be around when she figured that out..

jimynick

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 22, 2017, 01:13:14 AM
Years ago I was out at the big Turlock Swap Meet which is in January, one of the guys was burning a smudge pot to heat his swap area..... A middle aged woman & her husband stopped by to enjoy the heat, she had her hair up in a beehive style.... At one point she got a little to close to the smudge pot & tilted her head toward the flame.... No one said a word as half her hair disappeared.... :rubeyes: The smell of burning hair was unmistakeable but she wandered off to the next swap space & we all kept straight faces till she was at least a couple spaces away...  I'd hate to be around when she figured that out..
That's hilarious!! Guess you could say she was a bit of a hot-head, eh?  :haha:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"