Main Menu

Tools got stolen, need advice

Started by FSHTAIL, April 01, 2020, 03:31:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

So I haven't really had a reason to really wrench on the car, but now I've got it up in the air and I'm tearing down the whole front end for performance steering and suspension upgrades

Well, it would appear as though my SAE sockets and Impact gun has evolved and grown legs within the last year or so.  🙄

My question would be, what's the largest SAE socket required to work on this car?  73 Cuda.   

I guess I'm going to do a harbor freight run for some impact sockets this Thursday. 

I need to get this thing back on the ground, the weather is starting to get nice and I need some throttle therapy.

Thanks.
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

dodj

1 1/4" for the harmonic balancer/crank bolt.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

:iagree: And HF tools have improved a lot. :wrenching:

Brads70

What size is the steering box/pitman arm nut? That's the biggest bolt/nut I can think of when working on the front end.  :thinking:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on April 01, 2020, 08:34:23 AM
What size is the steering box/pitman arm nut? That's the biggest bolt/nut I can think of when working on the front end.  :thinking:

1 5/16...

FSHTAIL

Power steering, large pitman
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

jimynick

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 01, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

1 5/16...
AND, that's the size for the oil filter adapter on a 340 as well.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

What size is the pinion nut? NAPA sales individual socket's.  :alan2cents:   

Scooter

Special place in h3ll for lowlife's that steal tools...   :steamingmad:

A good set of deep well 1/2" drive impact sockets should get you through most of the front end work. Usable pickle fork's have never been expensive thankfully.

GL!