Main Menu

1970 440 six pack challenger

Started by 1970 FM3 Cuda, August 11, 2020, 07:42:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970 FM3 Cuda

Wanting to make sure the car is the real thing. Title, and date tag match, radiator support and cowling match numbers on tag and title. I want to know what else to look for , I was told there is other identify things on a 6 pack car other then just numbers. Looking for pictures and help .thanks
Js23vob

anlauto

Six pack cars should have torque boxes, leaf spring mounting reinforcement plates, K frame skid plate etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1970 FM3 Cuda

do you have pictures of the torque boxes and skid plate. do the torque boxes look like a 70 cuda convertible torque box?

JS29

@1970 FM3 Cuda  Yes on the torque box's, also a Dana rear end If it's a four speed.  :alan2cents:

R/T's 4 R/P

i would not use the presence (or lack of) torque boxes as a single identifier of a true car.  I have seen cars with rear torque boxes and not front, or front without rear, etc.  The factory had some crappy quality control.

K-frame should have a skid plate.
There should be a fuel line and a return line.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

Torque boxes are the same as a convertible, and yes the factory does screw up, but I would like to think they are a "hit" more often then a "miss".

Here's the K Frame skid plate picture
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Smallblock340

Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

chris NOS

If you don't have the knowledge i would suggest you to hire somebody to come with you to inspect the car , a rebody can be realy hard to detect if you don't know exactly where and how to look at it , and after money's changing pocket  it's too late ...

anlauto