Main Menu

1970 'Cuda 340 with Shaker production numbers?

Started by njsteve, April 14, 2020, 04:29:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

I am new to this site and this question has probably been asked and answered before but I don't seem to be doing the search function properly. Anyway, here's my question:

I recently purchased a 1970 'Cuda 340, four-speed, FC7 with shaker. Original fender tag has N96 on it. No broadcast sheet so far. Car has been hidden away since the late 1970's. Is there a production number for how many 340 shaker cars were built?

VCODE

Quote from: njsteve on April 14, 2020, 04:29:47 AM
I am new to this site and this question has probably been asked and answered before but I don't seem to be doing the search function properly. Anyway, here's my question:

I recently purchased a 1970 'Cuda 340, four-speed, FC7 with shaker. Original fender tag has N96 on it. No broadcast sheet so far. Car has been hidden away since the late 1970's. Is there a production number for how many 340 shaker cars were built?

Very rare. I keep track of them and have 2 myself.
Only know of 7 right now.
Bob

njsteve

VCODE

Quote from: njsteve on April 14, 2020, 06:26:46 AM
What colors are the ones you have info on?

I am going from memory right now. I don't have my records with me.

Purple 2
Citron Mist 1
Tor-Red 1
Blue 1 Vert
Black 1

anlauto

I'm sure Steven that you're aware Chrysler never kept accurate production figure information for cars with certain options, this is not like the GM world :haha:

The best number anyone could give you would be a guesstimate at best. There was a magazine article published years ago with shaker production numbers, but I can't seem to find it now... :thinking:

Bob (VCODE) has two stunning restored examples, both heater delete, sequential numbered Hawaiian cars :drooling: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

From Chrysler Power magazine July 1990. Excluding hemi cars: 70 Cuda Hardtop is 719 made. 70 Cuda convertible is 8 made.
Terry

njsteve

Yes, I remember all that stuff from way back when, when I was a tech editor for Mopar Muscle, well before the turn of the century. :-)

I didn't know if any records had popped up in the 33 years since I sold my last 'Cuda.

So From that circa 1990 Chrysler Power article you have 719 hardtops and 8 convertible (non-hemi) shaker cars. Cool!

And to think back in 1984 I parted out a 1971 340 shaker N96 Challenger hardtop. I sold and shipped the hood and shaker unit to a former friend in Colorado.  (who of course ripped me off and never paid me for it...but that's another story).

anlauto

Yup...that was the article I was thinking about....man it's been a long time  :tired:

These numbers never included cars sold outside of the US....I always laugh when it's quoted that only 11 1971 Challenger convertibles had shakers when there was at least three more here in Ontario alone....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration