Main Menu

1970 Option Code Cross Referencing

Started by kent_goins, July 08, 2017, 02:09:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Decided to post this separately...

Are there any vehicle option codes sheet which shows what options where included under other options? For example, I have the A63 option which includes the M31 Body Moulding option. Therefore, the fender tag would list the A63 and not the M31. So I am looking for a list of options which reference any child options such as; A63 (Includes M31, etc...) as an example.

KG

Cuda Cody

I've never seen a list of options like that.  There are some experts that know this stuff, but I've not seen a detail break down of codes.  You could look in the option book and it does list some details of options that are included.

https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/data-books-salesman-pocket-facts-color-upholstery-guides/

kent_goins

Ok....then as a side note. I have been panning over many challenger rt fender tags, it appears for the sales code options portion of the tag from your tag decoder page, they read from bottom to top and left to right (A through Z). Is it safe to assume that codes listed as standard for RT models were not listed on the fender tag? One such code would be B11 for heavy duty drum brakes all around. I presume this would not be listed on the fender tag if the car was equipped with the standard B11 equipment. If so, would this be true of all standard option items?

KG

benlavigne

Some equipment that is standard on an R/T does appear on the tag, such as the tach (N85), and Sport Hood (J54)...

Ben

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: benlavigne on July 08, 2017, 06:54:53 PM
Some equipment that is standard on an R/T does appear on the tag, such as the tach (N85), and Sport Hood (J54)...

Ben

And R/T SE is the same.... Allot the trim is individually coded even though it's standard on the SE...

Wayno56

My car has the same codes on the fender tag M31 & A63, mine is a non-SE car but i have all the SE Trim, Hood and fender chrome, lower grill chrome, door and quarter panel top trim and the grey tail panel. I do not have any lower sill trim as the car had headers and side pipes on it when i got it and maybe removed when the side pipes were installed...thank god the owner kept the original exhaust manifolds which are now back on the car with a 2 1/2" TTI Exhaust, the only thing I added aftermarket on the car other than tires and rims.

kent_goins

So it appears there was no standard of a fender tag code listing other than the 2 bottom rows...The sales codes options section must have been different from factory to factory regarding what was listed on the tag...flavor and logic of the moment depending on who was working that day. But they did manage to list in alphabetical order from bottom to top and left to right. They are all consistent that way :)

KG

Cuda Cody

There was a standard.  It was slightly different from LA to Hamtramck, but they did things very much to a standard practice.  There are not any rules that were published about it.  The date the vehicle was built will also affect the codes on the tags as some running changes were updated as they went.  @mccannix  is an expert and has made tags for cars he has inspected.  The key is to have someone like him or Galen inspect the car so they can look for all the little details that only an expert will see. 

mccannix

I think I may have been mixed up with someone here.
I haven't inspected cars or made tags for anyone that I can remember.
I have helped guys decode what they have in place on an existing tag, and have once or twice helped with layout on the form for another, giving no guarantee of 100 % correctness and he sent the paperwork off.
I looked at  couple cars  over the years that were in my area for US guys and reported my opinion back to them.

Cuda Cody

Sorry buddy.  I tagged the wrong member.   :sorry:

mccannix

Cody, no problem, I know who you mean here and he is a good one

Cuda Cody

@MMC Detroit  (David Wise) is the expert and has made very accurate tags for some cars he has inspected.  The key is to have someone like him or Galen inspect the car so they can look for all the little details that only an expert will see.

kent_goins