Main Menu

1971 R/T Tag Decode Help

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 19, 2020, 05:44:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

A buddy of mine has owned his 1971 RT since the mid 70s and he's getting it ready to go back on the road. He put it in his garage in 1980 so it was surprisingly cherry. Unfortunately, he wanted to paint it back then so he started feathering and priming every little paint chip so now there is now way to not finish the paint job he intended. This car is a real time capsule when you crawl all over it. Nicely optioned too. I was hoping someone's could help decode the tags so I can give it to him. I'd get him on here but he's not a big technology kind of guy.

benlavigne

Cool car, Louvers, but no vinyl top, A/C, hood pins and V21 hood blackout, gull wing, pedal dressup...

Ben

JS29

headejm

@70 Challenger Lover Have you tried our fender tag decoder in the "Decoders" section? Super easy to use and gives you a nice printout.  :ohyeah:

70 Challenger Lover

I just used the 1970 one. It decoded most of the information.

headejm

MyMopar.com also has a decoder. Couldn't tell what was in the top RH corner of the tag. Right above the screw. I hope this helps.

Looks like a nice car!  :ohyeah:

70 Challenger Lover

Thanks. I'm pushing him to get it on the road as soon as possible.

JS29

Will be nice once it's done!  :slapme5:

benlavigne

Quote from: headejm on May 20, 2020, 07:19:50 PM
MyMopar.com also has a decoder. Couldn't tell what was in the top RH corner of the tag. Right above the screw. I hope this helps.

Looks like a nice car!  :ohyeah:

Above the right screw is CTD to show that more codes are on a second tag.

Ben

headejm

Gotta love those two tag E-bodies!  :wowzers: