Main Menu

1973 Barracuda in Pink?

Started by Matt13, March 01, 2020, 02:26:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

Yes, radiator support and cowl numbers match the VIN on the title. I'm really hoping to dig around and find a broadcast sheet. That would answer a lot of questions...but I'm not holding my breath.

6bblgt

does the PA tag have the original VIN in addition to a state ID#?

Matt13

Yes. VIN on the plate matches the Title.

JS29

I think what Dan is asking if the original VIN is also on the title along with the state issued VIN.  :alan2cents:

Matt13

Well, the VIN on the title matches the VIN on the Pennsylvania special plate. There is also a PA Special number on the plate but the full VIN is right below it. The body stamps on the radiator and the cowl match the serial number on the title.

anlauto

So it has BH23G3BXXXXXX on the title, and on the firewall plate ?
You're also saying that your cowl and rad support have the same B3  XXXXXX as the VIN on your title and on this firewall plate ?

So I'm guessing the Dash VIN plate went missing, and somebody went to the PA DMV, and got this firewall plate issued ???? So it wouldn't be a typical DMV issued VIN, if they're still listing the factory VIN on the plate  :looney:

I think with the info you have, you can contact AG Backeast http://www.datatags.com/  and get a new dash tag made and just toss the PA issued firewall plate  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Yes, title and plate vins match as do the cowl and radiator stamps. I did get a quote of $345 from a company called A.G.Backeast to make a replacement vin tag for the dash. Seems like a lot for such a small piece. Looks like I can get the car titled right now so I'll just save that money for something else.

anlauto

Post up some pictures of the car, would love to see it  :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Isn't the color of the car on the title. I know it won't give you the exact paint code but it should have a color unless someone down the line changed it when they transferred the title.

Matt13

Quote from: Rich G. on March 03, 2020, 01:09:35 PM
Isn't the color of the car on the title. I know it won't give you the exact paint code but it should have a color unless someone down the line changed it when they transferred the title.
No, not on the title.

Matt13

I think unless I find a broadcast sheet this will remain a mystery. The more I get into he car, the more I'm sure someone at the very least had it stripped down completely and painted moulin rouge\panther pink.