Main Menu

2nd broadcast sheet in my 73 Challenger?

Started by dave73, February 02, 2019, 10:44:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

When I pulled my seats I found a full broadcast sheet then pieces of what looks like a second broadcast sheet? From what I was able to piece together, the numbers don't match the intact one I have. What am I looking at? I know it's jusr a 73 318 no frills car, but cool to have none the less. 1st picture is the intact broadcast sheet I found under the rear seat. Second and third pictures are what I found under the driver seat.

RUNCHARGER

I have found multiple, correct broadcast sheets in several cars. However these cars are now almost 50 years old and parts have been changed and switched over the decades. If the codes don't match chances are the drivers seat is out of a different car.
Sheldon

6Pack70

I'm into 71 B Bodies also and one 71 Charger R/T that I owned from the St. Louis plant had 6 complete, intact build sheets inside it.  4 for that particular car and 2 for different cars.  One was a 383 4bbl, 4 spd, 71 SSP dealer demo with a power sunroof......and full Plymouth Division hubcaps!  Very cool.   My Charger R/T must have been used as a garbage can on the line that day.  Lots of other junk under the carpets too.    I love discovering  buildsheets and other stuff inside our Mopars. 

anlauto

I parted out a 72 Charger that had a stack of four sheets still stuck together for four different cars.....I sent them to Galen Govier  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

sdweatherman

Quote from: 6Pack70 on February 02, 2019, 12:04:11 PM
I'm into 71 B Bodies also and one 71 Charger R/T that I owned from the St. Louis plant had 6 complete, intact build sheets inside it.  4 for that particular car and 2 for different cars.  One was a 383 4bbl, 4 spd, 71 SSP dealer demo with a power sunroof......and full Plymouth Division hubcaps!  Very cool.   My Charger R/T must have been used as a garbage can on the line that day.  Lots of other junk under the carpets too.    I love discovering  buildsheets and other stuff inside our Mopars.
Any chance you still have that sheet for the sunroof car???
Thanks,
Scott Rudge
Mopar Sunroof Registry.

6bblgt

6Pack70

I gave it away....but not before scanning it years ago.   Took me a bit to find it.   :twothumbsup:

anlauto

Quote from: 6Pack70 on February 02, 2019, 12:04:11 PM
Parted out a 72 Charger...same thing, a stack of Broadcast sheets for five consecutive cars  :twothumbsup:

I wonder if that sunroof car is known ? Guess they were quite popular 203 of them made (all engines)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

6Pack70

Yep....crazy cool the way it was optioned. I have at least one more buildsheet that I scanned from that same car.  I'll post it up tomorrow morning.

dodj

My '73 had one under the front seat and one in the back. Back then I wasn't knowledgeable enough to know they meant anything useful. I threw them away..... :bricks:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ToxicWolf

Quote from: dodj on February 19, 2019, 04:58:10 PM
My '73 had one under the front seat and one in the back. Back then I wasn't knowledgeable enough to know they meant anything useful. I threw them away..... :bricks:

:unbelievable:  :rolleyes:  :looney:  :crying: