Main Menu

4 speed ID pad legit??

Started by challenger3406pk, October 24, 2021, 06:19:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

challenger3406pk

This is the 4 speed transmission that I got in my car back in the 90's. I'm currently doing a full restoration on the car. Ive always questioned this pad due to the mis-stamps and repeated stamping. Its hard to see in the pic but it appears that the same numbers are very faint behind the heavy stamps. Also there is a digit missing. Anyone ever see a crappy factory stamp like this or is it a forgery? What say you mopar world?  Any help is appreciated. I can try and take other angled pics too if you cant see the light stamps. Dont know why the pic is upside down when i upload it. Tried several times???

anlauto

Forgeries are usually nicer then that :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

challenger3406pk

That was my thought as well! the 10000 day put it correct for the time built. I did notice though the "3"s are different...

6bblgt

do you have the original engine?  what does that VIN stamp look like?

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  What more can you tell us?  It looks original to me.  Not pretty, but sometimes the factory was okay with that.  Can you tell us more about the car and the VINs.  Do you have the number matching engine?

Ifixmycarmyself

:iagree: not pretty but hey, everyone must have their first day at the job some day. Lot of people at Dodge main had their first day at the job. In fact many cars are entirely built by firstdayatthejobb guys..which obviously also are mondays... :haha: