Main Menu

70 Cuda Fender Tag

Started by CudaTime, May 23, 2017, 11:43:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaTime

Not sure what the A06 actually means on my 70 Cuda Fender tag.
Does anybody know, or have this on their 70 Cuda?

6bblgt

is it located here?  it's the "SCHEDULED Production Date" 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaTime

Yes that is it. Thanks, duhh...why didnt i catch that? Lol
Here is the tag on it. Have not really looked for a sheet on it yet.
However  it appears that the mice and rats have been inside the
Car and i dont see how one could be found intact.
I guess crazier things have happened.

Cuda Cody

@CudaTime   from what I have heard, A06 was a HUGE day for scheduled production of Cudas.  Two of my Hemi Cuda's were built on A06 and I saw a 3rd Hemi Cuda at Russo Steele.  All were just a few VIN's apart.  I bet your VIN is around 1466XX.

Maybe 6bbgt knows how many were really scheduled that day, but if I recall it was way more then they could ever build in a day.

CudaTime

I dont see how a build sheet could have possibly survived
But i am going to try and locate one in the next few days.
Maybe i will get lucky and find one, maybe even find a Hemi Cuda buildsheet in my car. I keep hearing people find sheets to other cars at times.

Cuda Cody

EV2 4 Speed!   :inlove:  That is a SWEET Cuda!

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

CudaTime

:veryexcited: Thanks Guys, I have been Waiting a long time to get another 70 BB 4 Speed Cuda :veryexcited:

Cuda Cody

How did you find it?  Are you going to keep it EV2?  That's one of my all time favorite colors.  EV2 and FC7 are about as awesome as it gets.  :bigthumb:

And if you find a build sheet, you can decode it here:

http://www.e-bodies.org/decoders/

We'll have the fender tag decoder up soon too.  Our goal is to have the most accurate decoders in history.  Plus you have enough experts on this site that you can pretty much get any questioned answered quickly.

Quote from: CudaTime on May 24, 2017, 10:20:10 AM
:veryexcited: Thanks Guys, I have been Waiting a long time to get another 70 BB 4 Speed Cuda :veryexcited:

CudaTime

Plans are to definitely keep it EV2, and try not to disturb it to much until I am actually ready to repair it back to its former glory.
So many Mopars get completely dismantled into basket case form. Only to sit in a slumbered state, for sometimes decades Pining away for some real Love! Many times parts are lost, and they end up being sold. Nobody wants to buy a complete and total basket case.
I think the car is more appealing if left alone doing a little minor poking and prodding both documenting and looking for a build sheet.
I jacked her up the other day just to check if it had a sure grip, because I never had a chance when I bought it.
The guy told me he did not have a sure grip, but he was wrong.  :yes: It does!   :yes:
He also told me the switch on the dash for the road lamps were for a rare optional "tail light kill" or over ride switch, for street racing.
Said it was a very rare option.  :haha: :haha: :rofl: I was like hold on here, do what???
:stop: That is the switch for the road lamps! :stop:
The car I feel very fortunate to have basically had it fall in my lap. It was a local sale, and he had owned this car since the late 80's he stated, in hopes of one day restoring it.. He had kept it, all of those years and even had a divorce (which she got the car) he had to buy it back from her, in hopes of fixing it one day.
Then life just got in the way, kids etc etc.  Just glad to have gotten it away from any more harm that possibly may have come to it. He finally realized he would never get to it. Thank God! Now she is mine!!!

Cuda Cody

Sounds like an awesome car!  Glad to hear you got a good one.   :banana:

6bblgt

I remember the recent ad for the "tail light kill switch" 'cuda - congrats on the purchase!!   :clapping:

as Cody stated A06 was a big day for scheduling - 0B146391 - 0B146908 (minimum 517 Barracudas not including LA) more than double an average day

All of the A06 cars that I've seen b'cast sheets for are Y14 "SOLD cars" - 1970 cars went on "official" sale Tuesday 9/23/69 & 10/6/69 is the first Monday after a full Monday-Friday week of being available for purchase - the orders must have been rolling in!

so far I've got "Actual Production Dates" from 10/8 to 10/24 for these A06 cars

4mayhemi

Awesome car. I think 6bblgt noticed a couple things already on another thread, if this is the car.
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2302787/1970-cuda-10000.html#Post2302787
I like the pointers, so many of you can see things in the blink of an eye, and it helps to know what you'll be tackling before getting in the resto.

CudaTime

yes that is it. It is rough, however it is what it is. Un restored EV2, D21 car, with all original body panels and seats still intact.  :takemymoney:
It had a dash pad swap from a 71 A/C Challenger early on in life.
Fender tag, Dash tag, firewall numbers, core support numbers, Door decal, even has vin matching A833 trans, original sure grip still intact with tags.
its all there, and all the stuff matches.
Remember back in the early 80's when this dash pad was swapped it was a 500.00 car. LOL
Not sure why the 71 Challenger A/C dash pad swap was done. except maybe for pirated rally gauges, or 3 speaker dashpad?
Original radio was missing, and it has the standard gauge cluster in it.
I seen somewhere that had the silkscreened Pentastar logo and NOS Rivets for replacing the dash pad. Not sure who it was.
Anybody replaced a dashpad on an E body and used the silkscreen and rivet kit they sell?
Also who has the best reproduction dash pads that look original? Thanks