Main Menu

Actual Production Date VS "Scheduled Production Date"

Started by 6bblgt, February 21, 2017, 02:17:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

the SPD on the fender tag/broadcast sheet is just what it calls itself the "SCHEDULED Production Date", good to know, but when was the car "BUILT"?  A car can be built many days early or late - I've been working on "ACTUAL Production Date" calendars for a number of model years & plants, HAMTRAMCK 1970 among them.

the recently started broadcast sheet thread initiated this one:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/e-body-broadcast-sheet-reference-library-just-scanned-broadcast-sheets-please/804/

- add a b'cast sheet pic in the other thread & I'll add the info here, sounds simple enough  :dunno:

6bblgt

"xs29j8"
1970 Challenger T/A JH23J0B307xxx with a 414-SPD (Tuesday April 14) was "In Plant/In Process" on Friday April 10, 1970  = EARLY

this Challenger T/A was among 4,650 Dodge e-bodies built during the month of April combined at both the Hamtramck, MI & Los Angeles, CA assembly plants
the #7 (of 12) most productive month of Challenger production for the 1970 model year

6bblgt

"Cuda Cody"
1970 Challenger T/A JH23J0B276xxx with a 313-SPD (Friday March 13) was "In Plant/In Process" on Tuesday March 17, 1970  = LATE

@Cuda Cody  I missed an Easter holiday & that would move this car to Wednesday March 11, 2 days ahead of schedule

this Challenger T/A was among 5,961 Dodge e-bodies built during the month of March combined at both the Hamtramck, MI & Los Angeles, CA assembly plants
the #5 (of 12) most productive month of Challenger production for the 1970 model year

ToxicWolf

I just go by the sticker on the door for the actual production date.

Cuda Cody

What's the best way to tell when a car was actually built compared to when it was scheduled to be built?  You need a lot of sheets to build up a sequence calendar, right?   Plus the Door Mylar.  This would be great if we can put something like this together!   :veryexcited:

6bblgt

Quote from: ToxicWolf on February 21, 2017, 02:32:17 PM
I just go by the sticker on the door for the actual production date.

for a '70 model year vehicle - to door sticker only gives the month

6bblgt

"Cuda Cody"
1970 Challenger T/A JH23J0B279xxx with a 317-SPD (Tuesday March 17) was "In Plant/In Process" on Tuesday March 17, 1970  = on SCHEDULE

@Cuda Cody  I missed an Easter holiday & that would move this car to Wednesday March 11, 6 days ahead of schedule

this Challenger T/A was among 5,961 Dodge e-bodies built during the month of March combined at both the Hamtramck, MI & Los Angeles, CA assembly plants
the #5 (of 12) most productive month of Challenger production for the 1970 model year

6bblgt

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 21, 2017, 02:33:18 PM
What's the best way to tell when a car was actually built compared to when it was scheduled to be built?  You need a lot of sheets to build up a sequence calendar, right?   Plus the Door Mylar.

Yes & Yes - and fake b'casts stick out like a sore thumb  :foul:

cataclysm80

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 21, 2017, 02:17:07 PM
- add a b'cast sheet pic in the other thread & I'll add the info here, sounds simple enough  :dunno:

I'm going to have fun with this one too, thanks Dan!

Burdar

Going by memory here at the moment but...

73 Challenger Rallye
927 SPD (September 27, 1972)
October 1972 door sticker
101212 MDH code on door sticker (built two weeks late)

6bblgt

you're right, mid-model year 1972 it's easy if you can look at your original door sticker  :bigthumb:

6bblgt

& here come the excuses .....  :unbelievable:

"ec_co"
since so few LA broadcast sheets seem to have survived - the info just isn't out there; but Chrysler was busy in August, producing 3,358 Plymouth e-bodies in MI & CA combined (#7 most productive month of 12).
'70 model year production started on Monday 8/18/69 at LA & with your Barracuda "SCHEDULED" for 8/22, you can see it wasn't too far from the front of the line.
LA when up to speed & running at full steam ran 1 shift on one assembly line building ~300 cars per day (not so much the first couple of weeks)

"Cuda Cody"
HEMI 'cuda BS23R0B146xxx assembly Line #1 A06-SPD; October is the busiest E-Body month, more than 26,000 built - I need more data
HEMI Challenger R/T JS23R0B201xxx assembly line #2 B25-SPD; November is the #2 most productive month & line #2 was running ~85 cars per hour (it does have an "11-1969" door sticker, correct?)

cataclysm80

Finoke

Hi Dan,
I just posted two cars that you may find interesting. Any info is much appreciated.
Tom

ec_co

interesting info on that /6 sheet, I wish mine had been in the car. that sheets VIN ends in 0677 and mine ends in 0322, so it sounds like a good possibility that mine may have been a day 2 build (roughly)? I know of a /6 Challenger (LA build also) still on the road with the VIN ending within 100 of mine
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came