Main Menu

Another Dana 60 question?

Started by 750-h2, June 20, 2017, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

As I mentioned in an earlier post I am in the process of detailing the Dana 60 in my 1970 V code challenger. The car has the A32 option which means the rear end has 4:10 gears and 10 inch drum brakes. I believe the DANA's had a three number code stamped with paint on the rear of the right hand axle tube. I believe but not sure that the #'s on mine should be 644? Can anyone confirm? Also not sure if they used white or yellow paint?  I would also like to know if the oil plug on the cover should be left natural or was it painted black? Thanks!

Cuda Cody

Pretty sure the plug was painted with the rear end.

The Dana should have come with a white with red letter decal.  I think you want 3432081.  I make up decals for mine, but you can buy them from ESC:

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=c&id=14

Cuda Cody

There was also a yellow ink stamp too.  Should be the last 3 numbers of the code.

750-h2

Cody thanks for the quick reply!  I do I have the decal band that goes on the left axle tube.  Should there not be 3 number code stamped with paint on the right axle tube?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 20, 2017, 12:36:20 PM
There was also a yellow ink stamp too.  Should be the last 3 numbers of the code.

Hey, that's cool...I've never seen that on an E Body dana before :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Sorry Cody but I was typing when you posted that pic. So the yellow painted number on mine should be 081. Perfect and THANKS!

Cuda Cody

I have some of the Dana stamp artwork too if anyone needs them.  I did not load them on the site because I didn't do all of them.