Main Menu

Codes for my A66's fender tags

Started by benlavigne, October 12, 2018, 04:43:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

We've concluded from a previous post that the repro tags on my new Challenger were missing a few codes, my guess is that they overlooked the codes on Line 11 that were put there because all of the spaces for ''A'' codes were taken on line 6!
I've since then acquired a second broadcast sheet from a previous owner that matches the first.

So A62 Rallye Dash and
A66 340 Package are obviously missing, but should G11 Tinted Glass also be there? I've seen it on a few tags before, but I don't recall seeing it on an E-body....
What about Y13 Dealer Demo?

Thanks for input!

Ben

PS I'm having a hard time uploading the BS picture, so I've posted the dealer invoice with all of the options...

GY3R/T

Pretty sure G11 should be on fender tag. Y13 buildsheet only.
     MAN !  Iv'e never seen so many A Packages !!! :wowzers: :Thud:

anlauto

You've nailed down a lot of the history and past owners, doesn't anybody know what happened to the original tags ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2018, 06:22:44 PM
You've nailed down a lot of the history and past owners, doesn't anybody know what happened to the original tags ?

Alan, I tried, it seems everybody kept a little bit of it when they sold it!
Original owner's manual with dealer stamp and warranty /maintenance booklet and ball shifter were with the car three owners before, now they've disappeared... Luckily, I managed to secure the second Broadcast sheet... along with some restoration pics.
The LH inner fender was replaced with a 72-74 piece when it was customized after a little fender-bender and the tags were probably left on the old piece...
What's your opinion on G11 on a late 1970 car?

Ben

Katfish

anlauto

I just checked the five recent 70 Challengers I've restored...All have G11 on the BCS and none of them have it on the fender tags. Dates range Nov. 69 to Feb 70
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2018, 06:44:55 PM
Quote from: Katfish on October 12, 2018, 06:35:09 PM
What is A44, backlight package?

Rear window louvers
Louver package, actually, it includes dual painted mirrors.
Vinyl top is NOT mandatory as on the Barracuda, however if vinyl roof is ordered, it can only be Black.
The louvers themselves are repeated, code J68, like the rear wing, J81, even if it is part of A45 F&R Spoiler package...

Ben

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2018, 06:44:07 PM
I just checked the five recent 70 Challengers I've restored...All have G11 on the BCS and none of them have it on the fender tags. Dates range Nov. 69 to Feb 70
Thanks Alan, I've seen G11 on A, B and C-body tags, but not on E bodies yet...

Ben

GY3R/T

Quote from: benlavigne on October 12, 2018, 07:08:34 PM

Rear window louvers
Vinyl top is NOT mandatory as on the Barracuda, however if vinyl roof is ordered, it can only be Black.
The louvers themselves are repeated, code J68, like the rear wing, J81, even if it is part of A45 F&R Spoiler package...

Ben
     So G36 would be dropped from fender tag.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GY3R/T on October 12, 2018, 08:55:34 PM

Rear window louvers

Ben

Nope

benlavigne

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 12, 2018, 11:00:28 PM
Quote from: GY3R/T on October 12, 2018, 08:55:34 PM

Rear window louvers

Ben

Nope

Same as louvers, rear wing, I think it has to do with these accessories needing extra holes on the body...

Ben

benlavigne

Here is the original tag from a friend's A66, Dec. 12 car. It's a factory sunroof car also BTW.
It also shows A44 Backlight louver pkg, but no separate J68 for the louvers, and both G32 and G34 for mirrors, instead of G36 for Dual mirrors...

Ben

6bblgt

that's the earliest "louver" Challenger I've heard of, by almost a month  8)
:thinking: (does he have a broadcast sheet and/or original door sticker?)

benlavigne

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 13, 2018, 05:24:02 PM
that's the earliest "louver" Challenger I've heard of, by almost a month  8)
:thinking: (does he have a broadcast sheet and/or original door sticker?)
Not sure about a BS, but it probably still sports it's original door tag. He's owned the car since about 1972...

Ben