Main Menu

Cuda 1970 shaker

Started by jeffrt1970, August 14, 2018, 08:13:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jeffrt1970

hi guys i dont have the fender tag of the car but do have the build sheet and i wanted to know how rare the combination of the car is its 1970 fy1 yellow 340 shaker 4 speed  manual with rallye wheels and vinyl top it has the hocket stick stripe and the bumper rubber. people in my area(wizard) have told me that my combination is quite rare because usually the 440 are more common in that combination of car
MY friend told me 28 of them were  made as my combination but wanted to know if its true.
similar to the one in the picture but mine had the bumper rubber and 340 instead of 440 on the picture

also is there any record of the car that were sold with the amount made because im alway wondering how they know they were certain numbers made of a car

6bblgt

@VCODE  & @cudaized would probably have the most accurate/current info on the rarity of a 1970 340'cuda with a factory SHAKER hood.

Yes, they are quite "RARE" - but a number for the "COMBINATION" as you state it, does not exist!

individual numbers exist for:
drivetrain combinations
or color
or wheels
or vinyl top
or rubber bumper
or "hockey-stripes"
for US spec. cars (Y05)

every 1970 340 SHAKER hood 'cuda is probably 1 of 1 based on color combination  :crazytalk:

can you share pics of the broadcast sheet?

6bblgt

what's the VIN of the 'cuda? 

BS23H0B3363??

anlauto

What upper rad hose is "33" ? :clueless:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

6bblgt

In My Opinion

the broadcast sheet posted above is not an authentic produced by Chrysler document = it is FAKE  :('

I also have doubts that the VIN tag posted above was produced by Chrysler, care to post a picture of the backside?

jeffrt1970

good thing i still havent bought the car yet

fc7cuda

I thought the tag looked kinda fresh, but didn't want to say.  Build sheet would fool me though.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

We're lucky to have an expert on board.
Sheldon

anlauto

Tag could be made by AG Backeast, no problem getting one with proper documentation...

The build sheet has me fooled, if it's a reproduction, it's a pretty good one... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jeffrt1970

the guy told me hes went to get the tag plated black and ordered the sticker and applied it himself in a toast oven hahah but could be a reproduction and what do you think is the broadcast sheet a fake or real because i was thinking about buying the car but you guys have put many doubts in my mindi mean the guy has a very good reputation in the world of mopars but still wanted to check what it looks like

Cuda Cody

:foul:  Sheet is very fake.   :yes:   

jeffrt1970

ill have to walk away then because i am pretty yound and work pretty darn hard for my money thx a lot for helping me i appreciate  because i can tell you at 17 years old you can get fooled quick but it aint my case haha

jeffrt1970

do you guys think the vin is an actual barracuda BS23HOB336351