Main Menu

Curious if this would be a cool car? (build sheet).

Started by RUNCHARGER, January 07, 2020, 02:50:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I owned this car for 18 years and thought it was pretty cool. I pulled 4 of these sheets out of the car myself and no one else was in there before me 40 years ago. Only thing I always wished had been different was the engine code but it could have been worse.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Well yeah!  That's definitely a cool car!  4 of them?  Wow!! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

:lookatthat:  That would be a cool car!!!  Or should I say, that is a cool car!  Hope it's still around.

RUNCHARGER

It's still around and has been lovingly restored. I bought it off the original owner in 78 or 79. I didn't like the faded colour but the car was totally intact and super solid so that is why I purchased it. I just wanted a Challenger with a good body, I kept it in terrific shape except for adding more power (Hemi) as well as a Dana and a shaker. Before I sold it though I made sure it was all back to original including matching #'s engine.
Sheldon

EV2RTSE

Really cool car - does KissAlien own it now? or is that another one.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

EV2RTSE

Certain paint / top / stripe / interior combos set some cars above the rest. And a "lowly" 383 car with good options bumps it above a poor colored or optioned 440-4 car, etc. Having 15" wheels puts it in a class by itself, like that purple project that surfaced not too long ago. There just aren't many of them and they are special. Yeah there's still always a 440-6 car similarly optioned out there to take the wind out of your sails I guess, but still these are the particular cars that really make the hobby interesting. The people that had the foresight to option these out a certain way when they were ordered deserve a  :woohoo:

And a lot of the other FM3 cars whether hardtop or convertible, have either a black or white stripe, I think? So to have the pink stripe really sets this car off.

anlauto

My friend Glenn has a FM3 U code auto with the Magenta stripe....he never takes it out so I think he'll just end up selling it when the right offer comes around... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

It's a retina-popping color combo. I'm not saying it's really my thing, but I think it's cool they built them. Here's the 440-6 convertible, first pic I took at Englishtown, the others I found on the net.

EV2RTSE

another of the same 383 car I believe.

EV2RTSE

The 440-6 hardtop really needs the pink stripe to be a "10" IMO  :bricks: Right now it's only a 9.99 LOL.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: FM3 wasn't really a big deal to me however With the FM3 I really prefer the magenta stripes, black vinyl roof, rear spoiler, body coloured rally mirrors and hood blackout on the R/T hood. I just feel the FM3 is so wild that it looks best when complemented that way. The 15X7 rallys really help too, the bumper guards and sill plates are neat but aren't as essential to the overall effect.
I also am not really a fan of FM3 on Cudas because they don't have a hood blackout or longitudinal stripes.
But of course that is just personal taste.
I had a chance to buy an FM3 T/A when I owned this car but it had no vinyl top and a white interior, so that is why I passed on it. It was just way too much FM3 for me although the T/A hood certainly helped.
Sheldon

EV2RTSE

A couple more 440-6 hardtops - one from the late Daniel Banker's collection I believe, and the other is or was in the Harold Sullivan collection. I think everyone who had a chance to own one of these cars is very fortunate, congrats!

6bblgt

obviously a COOL car  8) they don't need multiple carbs to be cool!

very interesting, 4-weeks + late  :huh: wonder why? - "In Plant/In Process" on Wednesday April 22, 1970

RUNCHARGER

I wonder if they were waiting for paint? Crazy I know but maybe.
Sheldon