Main Menu

Decoding help

Started by nsmall, May 14, 2017, 08:07:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

I can't get this fender tag to say rocker gills, fog lights, or overhead console.  Car currently has these items.

Any chance you Ebody stud muffins see those three items in the fender tag?

Thanks

Neil

This is my Craigslist ad....https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/6117062564.html

anlauto

None of those items are listed on a fender tag, that's why a broadcast sheet is important. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

I thought gills and fog lights were standard on 1970 'Cuda's.

So those things will be on the car no matter what.

Also, if the car has leather interior option shown in the fender tag, the car automatically got overhead console.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Cuda Cody

Those are standard options on a 1970 Cuda with Leather seats.

750-h2

C26 = overhead console. Its on your tag.

nsmall

Thanks guys.  You guys are awesome!!!!  Really appreciate your help.

BFM_Cuda

Fog lamps? If you mean the round "road lights" like the ones in your ad photos, you should have code L34 on your fender tag.

Cuda Cody

Only in 1971, right?  They were not an option in 1970 and then in 1971 they went from standard (on all Cuda's) to an option, right?   :huh:

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on May 17, 2017, 05:28:53 PM
Fog lamps? If you mean the round "road lights" like the ones in your ad photos, you should have code L34 on your fender tag.

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 17, 2017, 05:54:17 PM
Only in 1971, right?  They were not an option in 1970 and then in 1971 they went from standard (on all Cuda's) to an option, right?   :huh:

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on May 17, 2017, 05:28:53 PM

Cody is correct. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BFM_Cuda

ok, I wasn't sure. I saw this tag and thought they were available in 70.  Did L34 mean something else this year???

maybe I misunderstood Cody; are you saying they were standard in 1970 (i.e not on the tag because they are standard) or just not available in 1970?

1 Wild R/T

Pretty late car... Coding may have changed...

Cuda Cody

A couple things I see.  Like 1 Wild RT noticed, it's a late car so the codes might have started to be added in anticipation of it being an option.  Or it could be a reproduction tag.  Both screws are paints and the bolts on the fender have been wrenched on... leading me to believe the car has been restored.  Not all tags got the inspectors mark so that's not terrible unusual for it not to have one, but I would want to see the back of the fender tag before I know for sure if it is original or a reproduction.  And I would like to see some other Cuda tags around that time frame too.  With enough Fender Tags, we might be able to pin point when they stated putting L34 on the fender tag.  We know that at some point L34 started showing up on the 1971 tags for sure.  But we just don't know when?  :huh:

If I had to guess, I would be with 1 Wild RT on this one, it's a late car and that might explain it having L34.  Most 1970 Cuda's do not have L34 that I have seen.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on May 17, 2017, 06:46:10 PM

ok, I wasn't sure. I saw this tag and thought they were available in 70.  Did L34 mean something else this year???

maybe I misunderstood Cody; are you saying they were standard in 1970 (i.e not on the tag because they are standard) or just not available in 1970?

1 Wild R/T

I won't say it's a good/bad tag without looking harder but at least it looks older than last week like so many repo tags... :rofl:

6bblgt

"ROAD LIGHTS" were STANDARD on 1970 'cudas

after the run of AARs - "ROAD LIGHTS" became OPTIONAL on Barracuda & Gran Coupe (& the sales code "L34" was created) - at this point it was required to know at the assembly plant what Plymouth e-bodies needed the hole piercing in the firewall for the "ROAD LIGHT" wiring - this required the "L34" code on a fender tag.

rocketresto

What Dan said.

First one I have in my registry is a 508 SPD.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington