Main Menu

E-Body Ink Stamps (Axle, Heater Box, Trans, Voltage Regulator, Fan, & More)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 17, 2017, 06:08:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Glad you were able to get them ordered.   :clapping:    The size of the axle stamps was taken from a few places.  I used .767 to .779 for the size (depending on the letter).  The funny part of it is I thought they were a little large because the factory stamps might have a little over bleed from the worker pushing hard!   :rofl:  I took the measurements myself from originals, but that doesn't mean there wasn't more then one sized used over the year.  Let me know what you think of them after you use them.  I think they work really good.  :dunno:   And any bigger and I'm not sure they would fit on the 3rd member webbing.   :notsure:  Maybe that's how the factory decided on the size?

I think the originals on the housing tubes are yellow and the 8 3/4 chunk is white?  But I did all mine is yellow by mistake.   :sorry:

Quote from: anlauto on February 07, 2017, 10:58:56 AM
Okay....Today I received the 18 different stamps that I ordered, they look good, the axle stamp numbers look a little small but I will get a better idea once I actually put them on the rear end I guess.

That's @Cuda Cody for all your hard work.....I would guess the rubber stamp company would like to thank you as well for all the extra business  :1place:

Now how about the red/white dana axle sticker...How is that achieved ?

anlauto

That picture with the tape measure is what I was looking for...These ones I got measure 3/4" which looks to be exact.

The ones I bought locally were almost twice the size :pullinghair:

I've seen pale pink on the center chunk.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I made that artwork too, but I didn't have an original to match so it's not correct yet.  That's why it's not on the website for download at this time.  If someone can get me an original or very detailed photos and measurement I would be happy to make the artwork for everyone.

The ones I do for my cars are stickers.    :foul:    Not paper, but they look good and last forever! 

Quote from: anlauto on February 07, 2017, 10:58:56 AM
Now how about the red/white dana axle sticker...How is that achieved ?

anlauto

Where would I find the part number I need for a 1970 B Body 3:54 with 10" brakes ends in "083"
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

R/T's 4 R/P

Cody, any thought on adding more stamps to the stamp in the resources group?
I'm looking for the fan part number stamp(s) and the Made in Canada stamp (actually there  may be 2 sizes to that)
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT