Main Menu

Fender tag vs. Build Sheet

Started by Aloha Randy, August 24, 2021, 12:37:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Aloha Randy

I recently purchased a 1970 Dodge Challenger RT. It has intact fender tag but no sign of a build sheet. Looking at options on the car, 14" Rallye Wheels, Power drum HD brakes, Hood Pins, Power bulge Hood, 3.23 rear and tinted windows, would these usually be called out on a build sheet or are they bundled in other codes? If so, then there is no way to verify because of no build sheet?

FYI, fender tag is E63 D32 JS23 NOB 191465 FC7 H6XW 000 B14 0767021 V1W A04 A62 C16 C55 G33 H51 M21 N41 N42 N85 R11 V6W Y05 26 EN2

Thanks!

6bblgt

14" Rallye Wheels = OPTION (broadcast sheet or window sticker)
Power brakes = ADDED
drum HD brakes = STANDARD
Hood Pins = ADDED
Power bulge Hood = STANDARD
3.23 rear = STANDARD
tinted windows = OPTION (broadcast sheet or window sticker) but recommended with A/C

do you have any original dealership info - what part of the US did the car come from?

Aloha Randy

I have nothing solid as for sales info but word or mouth says either Detroit or Connecticut Dodge dealer. Sales documents warranty cards have no VIN so I cannot connect for sure. DMV records show it was in Central New York for the last 20 years. I bought it out of a museum and the owner died so I don't have any more info that that.

Matt M

Aloha Randy

Yes it is good looking, just working on a few warts under the hood  :wrenching:

headejm

Aloha Randy

Pictures are not great. Bought the car in June out of New York and had it shipped to California. Having the engine rebuilt as I do not know what was done to the engine but already had an issue with #2 cylinder. I live in Hawaii now and shops and parts are not here to help on major work. Not a super rare car but a great driver for us in the islands. Had 7 Mopars in the past and now is time to get back to my roots.

Aloha Randy

Few more pictures

Aloha Randy

Does anyone know what the small silver tag is on the fender tag? Is this a QC sign off from the assembly line?

anlauto

Yea they're just referred to as "inspection tags"....you can buy them on eBay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/383507181408?hash=item594acf2f60:g:fhUAAOSwIOdemRlN
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

This came on my 71.  Usually they are painted with the fender tag. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Aloha Randy

Thanks for the info. I don't remember seeing them on past Mopars I had. Maybe I forgot or maybe we are now seeing cars over restored?

Aloha Randy

good to know. I had not seen any info or write ups before. Thanks!

71383bee

Nice car! Purple and white combo looks so sharp and classy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

cuda hunter

Not all cars came with inspection tags. 
I think, conjecture, that the cars that had these tags were optioned with something specific that had to be checked before being passed down the assembly line.  Hence, only some of the cars have the tags.  Most all cars with the tags have a stamp, either negative or positive.  Some had both types of stamps. 

Mine is a 2C bulge stamp.  Did not get a cut out stamp.  So it may have been that the inspector did not actually inspect the car or did not put his cut out stamp in the tag. 

Not real sure.  Wish an original inspector from back in the day would chime in and tell us what was actually going on with the assembly line. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee